Narcotics Bureau probes tainted cop’s operations in ChandigarhJanuary 27th, 2009 - 11:38 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 27 (IANS) A Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) team from Delhi visited here Tuesday to examine the drug seizures made by tainted Indian Police Service officer Shajji Mohan, who was arrested in Mumbai Sunday with 12 kg heroin. “We will scrutinise various operations conducted by Shajji Mohan during his tenure here in the last two years,” Ish Sharma, deputy director general of the NCB, told the media here in the evening.
“We are also in constant touch with the officials of Anti-Terrorism Squad Mumbai for vital clues in the case. So far we have not found anything fishy in Shajji’s operations here,” Sharma said.
Mohan was nabbed from a Mumbai suburb with the drug consignment, estimated to be worth Rs.1.20 million in the domestic market and over Rs.120 million in the international market.
Belonging to the IPS batch of 1995 in the Jammu and Kashmir cadre, Mohan was the zonal director of NCB, Chandigarh. He was transferred recently to Mumbai as deputy director in the Enforcement Directorate.
During his 23-month tenure in Chandigarh, Mohan was in the limelight when his team arrested notorious drug peddler Raju.
Commenting on the probability that Mohan fudged seizure memos, Sharma said: “We cannot deny this possibility but things will become clear once our investigations are over. We will also see whether there is any arrested accused who can give us any lead in our inquiry.”
- Anti-narcotics police officer turns drug peddler (To go with - Mumbai ATS nabs senior police officer) - Jan 25, 2009
- Corruption charge filed against embezzling official - Feb 25, 2011
- Mumbai ATS nabs senior police officer with 12 kg heroin (Lead) - Jan 25, 2009
- Chandigarh police to quiz Shajji Mohan in Mumbai - Jan 26, 2009
- Tainted police officer accused of falsely implicating NRI family - Jan 28, 2009
- Drug dealer gets death penalty - Jan 29, 2012
- Mumbai ATS nabs senior police officer with heroin - Jan 25, 2009
- Court frames charges against former narcotics bureau official - Nov 23, 2010
- Narcotics official held for taking bribe - May 16, 2012
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Another arrest mars drug bureau's reputation in Chandigarh - Sep 07, 2009
- Three arrested, 61 kg hashish seized - Oct 04, 2010
- Chandigarh official to help probe IPS officer's drugs racket - Jan 28, 2009
- Mumbai gateway for international narcotics trade - Mar 26, 2011
- Two Kashmiris among five nabbed with hashish in Mumbai - Jan 13, 2011