Naomi Campbell sentenced to 200 hours community serviceJune 21st, 2008 - 12:32 am ICT by IANS
London, June 20 (DPA) British supermodel Naomi Campbell was Friday sentenced to 200 hours community service after she admitted to kicking and spitting at police officers during a rage incident over lost luggage on a British Airways (BA) plane. The 38-year-old top model screamed foul-mouthed abuse at the captain and accused police officers of targeting her because she was black, the court heard.
She has been banned from flying on BA since the incident on a flight bound for Los Angeles April 3, when one of her bags went missing in the chaos surrounding the opening of Terminal 5 at London’s Heathrow airport.
The model, who could have been given a six-month jail term, pleaded guilty to all six charges at proceedings at Uxbridge Magistrates Court Friday.
- Online 'blood diamond' video game mocking Naomi Campbell is a hit - Aug 16, 2010
- Who Inspires Naomi Campbell? - Oct 21, 2010
- British Airways called me golliwog: Naomi Campbell - Jun 22, 2008
- Rowland wants figure like Campbell - Oct 21, 2011
- Naomi Campbell Takes Up Kabbalah Religion To Ease Her Temper - Oct 19, 2010
- Mia Farrow disputes Naomi Campbell's 'blood diamond' story - Aug 09, 2010
- Naomi Defends Her Cause - Aug 12, 2010
- Kate Moss makes fun of Enrique - Mar 26, 2012
- British Airways called me 'golliwog supermodel', claims Naomi Campbell - Jun 22, 2008
- Moss, Campbell to walk ramp at Olympics closing ceremony - Jul 16, 2012
- French people are insane: Rihanna - Sep 04, 2012
- Court promises full privacy to Naomi Campbell at her court hearing - Aug 04, 2010
- Campbell would've loved to be sprinter - Aug 11, 2012
- Naomi Campbell's party fight with fan - Dec 06, 2009
- Naomi Campbell goes for a vacation every 6 weeks to keep her cool - Oct 27, 2010