Namitha wants more temples in her honourSeptember 7th, 2008 - 2:52 pm ICT by IANS
Tuticorin (Tamil Nadu), Sep 7 (IANS) Fans are constructing a temple for top Tamil actress Namitha in Tirunelveli district and she says she wouldn’t mind more shrines built in her honour. “This state already has a temple for Khushboo. Fans can go ahead and build more temples for me. I’m a secular person, so my temple too should be open to all religions,” Namitha said at the inauguration of a jewellery store here.
“I would also like people to help financially weak students in their quest for education,” added the actress.
The actress scotched rumours about her political career saying: “My only interest other than acting is in the field of sports,” she said.
Born on May 10, 1980 in Surat, Gujarat, Namitha is a rage in the south Indian film industry due to her steamy roles in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam films.
She is the second actress to have a temple in her name in Tirunelveli, which is 600 km from Chennai.
The first was Khushboo who had a temple dedicated to her in Tirunelveli but it was demolished following her remarks on premarital sex.
- I'll stick to my sexy image: southern star Namitha - Dec 28, 2009
- Now a temple for actress Namitha - Jul 10, 2008
- Namitha Shows Her Negative Side - May 24, 2010
- Now a temple for actress Namitha (Lead) - Jul 10, 2008
- Khushboo likely to join DMK - May 14, 2010
- Khushboo meets Karunanidhi, joins DMK (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- Supreme Court dismisses charges against actress Khusboo - Apr 28, 2010
- Namitha Returns To Kannada Cinema Again! - Sep 30, 2010
- Mamta Mohandas weds family friend - Dec 28, 2011
- Attempt to kidnap Tamil actress foiled - Oct 26, 2010
- Attempt to kidnap Tamil actress foiled (Lead, Correcting intro) - Oct 26, 2010
- Khushboo: "The Trauma Is Over. And Yes I'm Coming Back to Bollywood" - Mar 30, 2010
- I believe in what I said: Khushboo - Apr 28, 2010
- I am joining DMK, says Khushboo - May 14, 2010
- Namitha Denies Rumors Of Suicide - Jul 05, 2010