Naked women make men blind … to high pricesSeptember 9th, 2008 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels, Sep 9 (DPA) Advertisers have known this all along, but now it is scientifically proven: men who are exposed to naked women stop paying attention to prices.According to a report Tuesday by Flemish broadcaster VRT, a study by the University of Leuven found an inverse relationship between testosterone levels and price awareness among males.
The “naked women” effect is particularly strong among machos, the study found.
“Machos usually tend to be tough negotiators, but advertisements featuring naked women turn them into gullible sheep,” said Siegfried Dewitte, a professor of economics who carried out the study.
The study also found a similar effect on women exposed to scantily-clad men. However, it also found that women generally tend to be more sensitive to the touch, rather than to such visual stimuli.
According to Dewitte, the message for shopkeepers is clear: if you want to sell more products, put up a sexy picture in your shop.
- Burqa painted on ads showing scantily-clad women - Aug 01, 2011
- High testosterone retards language skills in boys - Jan 30, 2012
- Alpha males take greater risks in relationships: Study - Nov 10, 2010
- Alpha males take greater initiative in love, sports - Nov 10, 2010
- For better sex drive, enjoy sunshine - Feb 08, 2012
- Dose of testosterone 'makes women less trusting' - May 25, 2010
- Testosterone might not be the fountainhead of youth - Oct 23, 2011
- 'Ageing not linked to drop in testosterone levels' - Jun 24, 2012
- How testosterone fights blues - Apr 03, 2012
- Higher testosterone helps older men preserve muscle mass - Oct 29, 2011
- Extra testosterone reduces empathy levels: Study - Feb 10, 2011
- Scantily-clad women an office nuisance? - Aug 30, 2011
- 'Viagra effect' from a glass of pomegranate juice - May 04, 2012
- Sleep loss can cause testosterone levels to plummet - Jun 01, 2011
- High testosterone linked to men's ability to 'woo' women - Mar 12, 2011