Mystery surrounds Jharkhand engineering student’s deathFebruary 24th, 2009 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 24 (IANS) An engineering student of the Birla Institute of Technology-Mesra (BIT-Mesra) was found dead in his hostel room Tuesday. They police say he committed suicide while his friends think otherwise.
According to the police, Rahul Kumar, a second year mechanical engineering student, killed himself and his friends found him hanging from a ceiling fan Tuesday morning.
However, his friends suspect it was a murder.
“The door was not locked from inside. Half of the body was lying on the ground and the rest was hanging from the ceiling fan. We suspect somebody might have strangulated him and tried to prove it was suicide,” a hostel mate said.
He said Rahul went to sleep 11.30 p.m. Monday after taking part in the college festival BITotsav. But when he did not open his room till 9 a.m., students pushed the door and found him hanging from the ceiling fan.
The police have sent Rahul’s body to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS), Ranchi, for autopsy.
- Engineering student kills self - Nov 05, 2011
- Engineering student commits suicide - Mar 09, 2011
- IIT Kanpur student commits suicide - Sep 23, 2011
- IIT Kanpur girl commits suicide (Lead) - Nov 17, 2010
- Tech student hangs himself in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 23, 2011
- Medical student commits suicide in AIIMS - Mar 04, 2012
- IIT-Madras student found dead in hostel room - Sep 01, 2011
- Sri Lankan student found hanging in hostel room - Jan 19, 2012
- 14-year-old commits suicide - Aug 26, 2012
- Mumbai police clueless over suicide at MLA's room - Sep 18, 2012
- Police hunt for Facebook lover for girlfriend's suicide - Sep 22, 2011
- Management student commits suicide - Aug 30, 2010
- AIIMS mourns death of medical student - Mar 05, 2012
- Girl student commits suicide - Sep 09, 2010
- MCA student hangs himself after father's scolding - Sep 16, 2011