Mystery shrouds death of woman in fall from moving trainJuly 7th, 2008 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 7 (IANS) Mystery shrouds the death of a 30-year-old woman who fell from a moving train on the outskirts of Kanpur Sunday. Government Railway Police (GRP) officials claimed that the woman, Amina Khatoon, was mentally unstable and fell from the train by accident.
The incident took place in the New Delhi-bound North East Express late Sunday evening. “The travelling ticket examiner informed us that the woman, Amina Khatoon, did not have a ticket and was also arguing with the other passengers. She was shifted to the pantry car of the train,” inspector B.D. Maurya of GRP Kanpur told IANS.
“We are probing whether she fell down or was thrown out,” he said. Khatoon fell down the door of the pantry car and her head banged against a pole. She died on the spot, the police said.
The police found a prescription from a neurologist based on which the victim was identified. “She was a native of Siliguri (in West Bengal). We are trying to find her family members as she was travelling alone,” Maurya added.
The body was sent for post-mortem.
- Man's body found inside train in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 31, 2010
- Alert train driver prevents tragedy - Aug 06, 2011
- Cannabis seized in Assam - May 14, 2012
- 20 robbers loot cash from train - Nov 02, 2010
- Tourist dies of heat-stroke at Taj Mahal - Jul 02, 2012
- Morphine seized in Guwahati - May 31, 2012
- One injured, seven missing in Bengal accident - Jun 14, 2012
- Couple thrown off moving train in Bihar, husband dead - Jan 07, 2011
- Home Guard arrested for raping girl in train - Jan 17, 2011
- Woman kills her baby, eats his flesh - Dec 29, 2010
- Five killed in Bengal road accident - Apr 16, 2012
- Woman jumps to death from Noida flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Congress leader dies in mysterious circumstances - Aug 10, 2012
- Four train passengers injured as youths go on rampage - Aug 07, 2010
- Dutch tourist dies in Rajasthan hospital - Sep 05, 2011