Mysterious disease continues to baffle Uttar Pradesh health authoritiesSeptember 6th, 2008 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 6 (IANS) After an unknown disease claimed 140 lives in four weeks in Kanpur Dehat district, Uttar Pradesh health authorities now face the challenge of another mysterious malady that has claimed 28 lives in the Rampur district. According to official records, in the last 30 days about 28 people have died of the unknown disease in Rampur district, over 200 km from here.
“Majority of the deaths took place at private hospitals,” Rampur chief medical officer Vinod Kumar told IANS.
“The disease is marked with high fever and its symptoms resemble those of malaria,” he added.
- Mysterious disease claims eight lives in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 29, 2009
- Five more children die of mystery disease in Bihar - Jun 20, 2011
- Seven more children die of mysterious illness in Bihar - Jun 19, 2011
- Declare killer disease an epidemic, says Bihar - Jun 11, 2012
- Mysterious disease kills 13 children in Bihar - Jun 18, 2011
- Viral fever grips Gurgaon - Sep 09, 2012
- Mysterious disease claims 120 lives in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 26, 2008
- Mystery disease kills eight more in Bihar (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- Health alert in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 29, 2008
- Five killed in road accident in Kanpur - Jul 25, 2012
- Scientific panel formed to check fever that killed over 120 - Aug 27, 2008
- Five more swine flu cases in Lucknow - Aug 23, 2012
- khilesh reverts names of eight UP districts - Jul 23, 2012
- Mysterious disease claims four lives in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 20, 2010
- Six killed as bus rams into truck - Sep 13, 2010