Mysterious disease claims seven lives in Uttar PradeshOctober 6th, 2008 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 6 (IANS) A mysterious fever has claimed seven lives while 29 people have been hospitalised in the past 24 hours in Sitapur district of Uttar Pradesh, officials said Monday.The mysterious fever, marked with vomiting and high-fever, has gripped Manpur and Budhvapur villages in Sitapur, 80 km from Lucknow.
“Even after outbreak of the disease, medical authorities are still to visit the affected sites,” village head of Manpur, Rajendra Awasthi told IANS on phone.
Of the seven people, four died in Manpur village, he claimed.
Sitapur chief medical officer R.K. Singh said: “We will soon be able to bring the situation under control. We are yet to ascertain what type of infection has spread in the two villages”.
- 12 die of mysterious disease in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 07, 2008
- Fear of plague haunting Himachal villages - Apr 02, 2012
- Ebola claims three more lives in DR Congo, raising death toll to 14 - Sep 06, 2012
- Mysterious disease claims eight lives in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 29, 2009
- Mysterious disease claims four lives in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 20, 2010
- Deadly virus kills 13 in Uganda - Jul 29, 2012
- Measles kills four kids, affects over 80 in Odisha - Apr 30, 2012
- Mysterious disease kills 13 children in Bihar - Jun 18, 2011
- Senior citizen dies of swine flu in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2012
- Deadly Chinese outbreaks linked to new virus - Mar 23, 2011
- Gastroenteritis outbreak spreads panic in Budgam - Aug 23, 2010
- Salmonella biggest food-borne threat to US - Jun 08, 2011
- West Nile virus kills four in US - Aug 02, 2012
- 10 deaths in five days in Lucknow, health officials confused - Oct 20, 2010
- Man dies of anthrax in Russia - Aug 27, 2012