Mysterious death of eight-year old girl in ChandigarhOctober 24th, 2008 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Oct 24 (IANS) An eight-year-old girl was found hanging from a window at her home Friday, the police said. “Roshni was alone in her house at Mauli Jagran when this incident happened. From preliminary investigations, it is clear that she has died of hanging,” Hari Kumar, station house officer, Mani Majra told IANS.
“There were signs of bruises on her throat. Her stole was tied to her neck while the other end of the stole was tied on the window pane,” said Kumar.
A team from the Central Forensic Science Laboratory carried out investigations at the house in Mauli Jagran, which is a slum settlement.
The body was sent to the Government Hospital in Sector 16 and the postmortem examination will be carried out Saturday, the police said.
“We straightaway cannot say that it is a suicide as she was too young to understand the meaning of this word. We are investigating on various parameters, as there might be a possibility that while playing, she somehow accidentally strangled herself,” said Kumar.
- Defence ministry official killed wife after fight over childless state? - Apr 03, 2012
- UP girl's murder confirmed; 11 cops, three doctors suspended (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- 60-year-old woman found strangled - Mar 16, 2011
- Schoolgirl chokes to death after imitating suicide scene - Dec 27, 2011
- Patkar ends hunger-strike after demands met - May 28, 2011
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- Doctor arrested for selling corpses (Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- Venezuelan diplomat slain in Kenya - Jul 28, 2012
- Photo of maid released in ex-Income Tax officer's murder - Sep 13, 2012
- Court seeks original records from army on officer's death - May 03, 2012
- Class 5 girl commits suicide - Dec 01, 2010
- Elderly landlady murdered for property, three held - Apr 14, 2011
- Human sacrifice: Four arrested for killing girl - Oct 08, 2011
- Tech student hangs himself in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 23, 2011
- Militants blast rail track in Kashmir - Mar 07, 2011