Myanmarese delegation interested in trade with BengalDecember 6th, 2011 - 12:14 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 5 (IANS) A 16-member trade delegation from Myanmar Wednesday met West Bengal Small and Medium Enterprises Minister Manas Bhunia and expressed interest in trade with the state in the sectors like food packaging, textile, leather and auto components.
“We had a meeting with the small and medium enterprises minister of Bengal today (Monday) and the outcome has been positive,” said Khin Maung Win, chairman of the Monywa industrial zone.
“Sectors like food packaging, textile, leather and auto components are some of the primary areas where the two states can look forward to greater trade and investment,” he said at an interactive session organised by the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) here.
Monywa industrial zone is situated in Sagaing region of north-western Myanmar.
Bhunia advised the delegation to put forward their views and opinions with the industry chambers in the state, which in turn would be able to forward these to the government, Win said.
At the end of last year, bilateral trade between India and Myanmar stood at $1.5 billion.
- Problems of Bengal small/medium industries being probed: Minister - Jul 11, 2011
- West Bengal plans textile policy review - Jul 23, 2011
- Handloom technology institute in Bengal soon: Minister - Nov 26, 2011
- New textile policy for Bengal soon - Sep 14, 2011
- Bengal favours credit cards for MSMEs - Sep 14, 2011
- Japanese firms to increase investment in Tamil Nadu - Jan 25, 2012
- 'India-Italy trade at 15 billion euros by 2015' - Oct 31, 2011
- ASEAN markets more accessible to Indian companies: FICCI - Sep 25, 2011
- General Motors to source 95 percent of components locally - Aug 30, 2011
- Anand Sharma to lead business team to Germany - Oct 03, 2010
- Rwanda taps India for food security, investment - Oct 18, 2011
- Bengal wants uniform credit card for MSME sector - Nov 03, 2011
- Myanmar, Singapore eye trade ties - Jun 09, 2012
- India to host Pakistani lifestyle expo - Apr 08, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh meets Mozambique Trade Minister - Mar 30, 2011
Tags: auto components, bilateral trade, chamber of commerce, chambers, food packaging, India, indian chamber of commerce, industrial zone, interactive session, kolkata, manas, sectors, small and medium enterprises, textile, trade delegation, two states, west bengal, western myanmar