My name is being used for publicity: Anupam KherJuly 20th, 2011 - 11:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) Anupam Kher is amused at news reports that the makers of “Gandhi To Hitler” plan to sue him for breach of contract. The actor says his name is being dragged in for publicity, and he has also wished the producer all the best for the project.
“Makers of a soon to be released film are using my name maliciously to publicise their film. Hope it helps them to make the film a hit,” tweeted Anupam, pointing indirectly at “Gandhi To Hitler”, releasing July 29.
According to media reports, producer Anil Kumar Sharma is set to sue Anupam for Rs.2.5 crore as damage for breach of contract.
Anupam had withdrawn his name from the project following his fans’ requests that he shouldn’t play the Nazi dictator on screen, but that didn’t go down too well with the producer, who had tried convincing the actor that the film did not attempt to glorify Hitler.
Recently, scriptwriter and co-producer Nalin Singh had also spoken out against Anupam, claiming that he had paid the actor Rs.400,000 when he had signed that contract for the film. Singh said that Anupam even refused to return the amount.
But according to Anupam, these accusations are a mere publicity gimmick.
The role of Adolf Hitler in the movie, which is about a clash of ideologies between Mahatma Gandhi and Adolf Hitler, has been essayed by Raghbir Yadav. Neha Dhupia plays his love interest, Eva Braun, in it.
- Film on Hitler to hit screens July 29 (With Images) - Jul 02, 2011
- Berlin cleared misconceptions about 'My Friend Hitler': Scriptwriter - Mar 05, 2011
- I initially didn't understand the script of 'Dear Friend Hitler': producer - Jun 14, 2011
- Anupam Kher quits 'Dear Friend Hitler' (Lead) - Jun 18, 2010
- Anupam approaches film body to resolve dispute - Jul 29, 2011
- Anupam Kher is Bollywood's Hitler - Jun 14, 2010
- Bollywood's Hitler biopic with Indian twist - Jun 09, 2010
- A Bollywood first - film about Hitler and Nazi Germany (Lead) - Jun 08, 2010
- History Revisited - Jun 07, 2010
- I've challenged myself with 'Dear Friend Hitler': Neha Dhupia - Apr 18, 2011
- Anupam Kher walks out of 'Dear Friend Hitler' - Jun 18, 2010
- Eva Braun's pictures helped Ruchi Pugalia design Neha's clothes - Jul 26, 2011
- A Bollywood first - film about Hitler and Nazi Germany - Jun 08, 2010
- Anupam Kher Quits Hitler After Protests - Jun 18, 2010
- The Real Reason Why Anupam Kher Refused To Play Hitler - Jun 21, 2010
Tags: accusations, adolf hitler, anupam kher, breach of contract, clash, crore, eva braun, film hope, gimmick, love interest, mahatma gandhi, nalin, nazi dictator, neha dhupia, New Delhi, news reports, publicity, rs 2, scriptwriter, yadav