My daughter’s soul will rest in peace: Rimpa’s parents after sentencingFebruary 13th, 2009 - 6:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) “Justice has been done to my daughter and her soul will now rest in peace”, said an emotional Anil Haldar after businessman Moninder Singh Pandher and his domestic help Surendra Koli were sentenced to the gallows for the brutal rape and murder of his 14-year-old daughter Rimpa Haldar four years ago.
“I am really happy as justice has been done to my dead daughter. Both should be hanged in public. After their conviction all the children in the country are now safe,” said Haldar, a resident of Nithari in Noida where the skulls and bones of 19 children and women, including of Rimpa, were found from behind Pandher’s house.
Pandher, resident of D-5 bungalow in sector 31 of NOIDA, and his manservant Koli were held guilty of the rape and murder of Rimpa Thursday by a special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court, which Friday sentenced them to death.
Special CBI judge Rama Jain read out the sentence in the first verdict in the Nithari serial killings.
Dolly Haldar, Rimpa’s mother, said: “I am grateful to god and thank everyone for their support. At last we have got justice and my daughter will now rest in peace forever.”
“They (the guilty duo) should be handed over to the public and cut into pieces in the same brutal manner that was meted out to my daughter,” said Dolly.
According to Koli’s confession, he had chopped up Rimpa’s body and cannibalised part of it before dumping the remains in the drain behind the D-5 house adjacent to Nithari village in NOIDA.
- Nithari killings timeline - Dec 22, 2010
- Nithari killings: Apex court confirms death for Koli (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings: Apex court upholds Koli's death sentence (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Koli gets death for third Nithari murder - Sep 28, 2010
- Nithari killings: Apex court sends Koli to the gallows (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Pandher cleared in one Nithari case, victim's family to move apex court (Roundup) - Sep 11, 2009
- Court's relook at Nithari case raises hope: victims' families (Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli gets third death penalty (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Supreme Court slams CBI in Nithari case - Feb 09, 2011
- Nithari killings: SC upholds death sentence for Surinder Koli - Feb 15, 2011
- Pandher has some explanation to do: Apex court - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings: Supreme Court stays Surinder Koli's death sentence - Jan 07, 2010
- Supreme Court stays Koli's death sentence in Nithari killing (Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli convicted for minor girl's murder (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Nithari killing: Supreme Court stays Koli's death sentence - Jan 07, 2010