Muslims in Kerala observe Ramadan fastJuly 21st, 2012 - 12:27 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 21 (IANS) Muslims in Kerala began their Ramadan fast Saturday.
“We went go to the mosque for the first prayer session, which took place at 5.30 a.m.,” said Sabry Hussian, an IT professional here.
A growing number of young men and women from the state have been observing the religious tradition.
Muslims are the second-largest religious community in Kerala after Hindus.
- Muslims in Kerala observe Ramadan fast (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Gaiety marks Eid in Andhra Pradesh - Aug 31, 2011
- This Hyderabad mosque is more than a place of worship - Aug 12, 2012
- India celebrates Eid -- from Kashmir to down south (Roundup) - Aug 31, 2011
- Ramadan begins with the sighting of moon - Aug 11, 2010
- Muslims observes Ramadan with prayers at mosques - Aug 12, 2010
- Muslims across India offer prayers on last Friday of Ramadan - Sep 03, 2010
- Assam celebrates Eid with fervour - Aug 31, 2011
- Be it Mammootty or common Muslims, Eid-ul-Azha touches all - Nov 17, 2010
- Cleric to child, Ramadan spirit binds them all (Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- All set for world's third biggest Muslim prayer congregation - Aug 14, 2012
- Ramadan begins amid prayers in Kashmir - Jul 21, 2012
- Eid celebrated with traditional fervour in Lucknow - Sep 11, 2010
- Eid celebrated with prayers for peace, feasting (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2012
- Many Muslim women celebrate Chhath - Nov 12, 2010