Muslims in Kerala celebrate EidAugust 31st, 2011 - 1:26 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 31 (IANS) Muslims across Kerala celebrated Eid-ul-Fitr Wednesday with prayers and gaiety, the festivities most pronounced in Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kannur and Kasargode districts.
Muslims account for 24 percent of the state’s 32 million people.
In Thiruvananthapuram, Muslims thronged the Idgah and other grounds. Malayalam superstar Mammootty offered the prayers in Kochi. At Kozhikode, morning showers played spoilsport.
- Eid celebrated in Kerala - Aug 19, 2012
- Rains play spoilsport on Eid in Kerala - Sep 10, 2010
- Kerala Muslims celebrate Eid - Nov 07, 2011
- Mammootty takes day off as Kerala celebrates Eid - Sep 21, 2009
- Assam celebrates Eid with fervour - Aug 31, 2011
- Be it Mammootty or common Muslims, Eid-ul-Azha touches all - Nov 17, 2010
- Muslims in Kerala celebrate Bakr Eid - Nov 27, 2009
- Prayers, feasts and love - India celebrates Eid with fervour (Roundup) - Sep 21, 2009
- Prayers mark Eid in India, but clashes in Kashmir (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011
- India celebrates Eid -- from Kashmir to down south (Roundup) - Aug 31, 2011
- Eid celebrated in Meghalaya - Aug 31, 2011
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- Eid celebrated in Delhi - Aug 31, 2011
- Eid celebrated in Karnataka amid tight security - Aug 20, 2012
- Hindus join Muslims in celebrating Eid in Odisha - Aug 20, 2012