Muslims in Jammu protest against anti-Islam filmSeptember 21st, 2012 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Sep 21 (IANS) Muslims in Jammu Friday protested the anti-Islam film ‘Innocence of Muslims’ and held demonstrations outside mosques in different parts of the city after Friday prayers.
According to police, “the demonstrations were peaceful and there is no report of any untoward incident from anywhere.”
The demonstrators raised anti-US slogans and demanded action against the producer of the film. “America should immediately take strict action against the man who produced this film, hurting the sentiments of millions of Muslims across the globe,” said Shoukat Ali, a demonstrator outside main Khateekan Talab mosque in the heart of the city.
The protesters, surrounded by strong police and para-military Central Police Reserve Police (CRPF) contingents, also burnt US flags and effigies of the film producer.
Protests also took place in the other main towns of the region like Doda, Poonch, Rajouri, Kishtwar and Bhaderwah.
- Pakistan blocks over 700 anti-Islam YouTube links - Sep 17, 2012
- Tight security in Jammu and Kashmir ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 29, 2010
- Jammu Muslims protest Quran desecration in US - Sep 13, 2010
- Kishtwar cyber cafe owners feel the heat after arrests - Sep 22, 2011
- Curfew continues in Kashmir, non-Kashmiris fleeing Valley - Aug 04, 2010
- Package for pandits irk migrants from Jammu hills - Jun 21, 2012
- France bans protest over anti-Islam movie - Sep 20, 2012
- Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2011
- J&K; wants anti-Islam video blocked - Sep 14, 2012
- US consulate in Chennai closed till Wednesday - Sep 17, 2012