Muslim woman jailed for wrongly accusing Hindu of rapeMay 9th, 2012 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 9 (IANS) A 21-year-old Asian Muslim woman in Britain has been sentenced to jail for four years after she pretended she was raped by her Hindu boyfriend and arranged for his kidnapping and torture by a gang.
The accused Sonia Begum told her cousin Shahen Ahmed that the 22-year-old Hindu man had sexually assaulted her. Ahmed rounded up a gang who kidnapped the boyfriend, the Daily Mail reported.
Begum thought her Hindu boyfriend would show explicit photos of her to her devout parents.
The gang also set fire to the victim’s face, beat him with a belt and kicked him in the stomach, the Old Bailey court heard.
Begum claimed the man was pestering her, and feared that her strict Muslim parents would disapprove of any contact between them, because he was Hindu.
Begum lured him to meet her at a place in London. She spoke to him on one mobile phone while maintaining an open line to her 20-year-old brother, Mohammed Hussain.
Ahmed, Hussain and two other men - Mafijur Rahman, 45, and Kasim Uddin, 35 - kidnapped the Hindu man.
The kidnappers made “terrifying” phone calls demanding money from the victim’s family, the court heard.
Ahmed was told he must serve at least eight-and-a-half years before he can apply for parole. He admitted kidnap, false imprisonment, blackmail and causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Hussain was jailed for 14 years, Uddin received 11-and-a-half years and Rahman was sentenced to six-and-a-half years for their roles.
Noor Miah, a 49-year-old, whose flat in east London was used for the crime, received two years for false imprisonment.
- Bangladeshis get life terms for throwing acid on girl - Sep 10, 2011
- Woman kills daughter's lover for posting topless photos - May 22, 2012
- Pakistani tortured by relatives in Britain - Mar 31, 2012
- Three held for kidnapping boy for ransom - May 23, 2012
- PGIMER performs its first liver transplant surgery - Apr 20, 2011
- 120-year-old Indian man marries a 60 year old woman - Oct 27, 2011
- Victim asks court to jail Pakistani rapist for life - Jun 23, 2012
- Assam's boat clinics deliver health services - and hope (With images) - Jul 11, 2012
- Keith Richards' daughter appears in court over drug and graffiti charges - Mar 03, 2011
- Boy abducted because of his name - Apr 05, 2012
- Car jacker turns out to be Seemapuri gang rape accused - Feb 09, 2011
- 2 Bangladeshis, Nepali held for human trafficking - Jan 07, 2011
- Nebraska Man Arrested For Allegedly Waterboarding His Girlfriend - Oct 30, 2010
- Pakistani ringleader jailed for raping girl 30 times - Jun 22, 2012
- British school teacher jailed for sexually abusing girls - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: ahmed hussain, begum, blackmail, daily mail, devout parents, east london, explicit photos, false imprisonment, grievous bodily harm, grievous bodily harm with intent, half years, hindu man, kasim, kidnappers, mohammed hussain, muslim parents, muslim woman, old bailey, place in london, sonia