Muslim groups demand closure of Israeli embassy in IndiaJune 3rd, 2010 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 3 (IANS) Muslim organisations will Friday take out a march in the Indian capital to protest the attack by Israeli commandos on a Gaza aid flotilla that killed 16 activists May 30, and demand the closure of Israeli embassy in India.
The coordinator of the march S.Q.R. Ilyas said: “We will demand from the government of India to convey the feelings of Indian people to the Israeli government and also demand the closure of the Israeli embassy and severing of all trade and military ties with Israel.”
The Free Gaza flotilla of six ships with 700 activists on board and carrying 10,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid was boarded by the Israeli forces as it tried to break the Gaza embargo.
“We are organising this march to acquaint the country’s civil society about the assault by Israeli forces,” he added.
The march from India Gate to the Israeli embassy is being organised by Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, Jamiat Ulema-e Hind, Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadith, All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat, All India MilliCouncil, Muslim Political Council of India, Indian Islahi Movement, Majlis-e Fikr-o-Amal and Students Islamic Organisation of India, a press statement said.
After the march, the protestes will submit a memorandum to the UN office in Delhi and to the prime minister.
- India should snap all ties with Israel, demand Muslim groups (Lead) - Jun 04, 2010
- Muslim groups protest Israeli assault on Gaza aid ship - Jun 04, 2010
- Umbrella body of Indian Muslims condemns Mumbai attack - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi students rally for Egypt protesters - Feb 02, 2011
- Grand Imam of Mecca Masjid attends religious congregation in Delhi - Mar 27, 2011
- Pakistani scholar's Gujarat remarks spark row - Mar 01, 2012
- Vastanvi supporters plan to approach apex court - Jul 24, 2011
- Muslims participate in peace march against terrorism - Dec 07, 2008
- Federation of Muslim educational institutes launched - Mar 12, 2011
- Muslim groups agree with Supreme Court's ruling on Ayodhya - May 09, 2011
- Muslims to take out peace march against terrorism - Dec 06, 2008
- Was Pakistani Maulana's visit aimed at reinforcing anti-Vastanvi lobby? - Feb 17, 2011
- 'Vande Mataram' should be respected by all Indians: Congress - Nov 06, 2009
- Kashmir an integral part of India, say Deoband clerics - Oct 11, 2010
- Kashmir part of India: Deoband clerics - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: ahle hadith, demand closure, embassy in india, fikr, flotilla, government of india, india gate, india indian, islahi, islamic organisation, israeli commandos, israeli embassy, israeli forces, jamaat, jamiat, markazi, military ties, muslim groups, muslim organisations, o amal