Muslim girl who married Hindu was of marriageable age: courtMay 6th, 2008 - 10:32 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) A Muslim girl who ran away from home to escape being sold off to a Qatar-based businessman and married her employer was not underage, according to her bone ossification test report submitted in Delhi High Court Tuesday. The report mentions her age to be around 19 years.
The girl ran away from her home with her four-year-old sister last December, allegedly because her parents had sold them off to a Qatar-based businessman.
The girl fled to Mumbai, where her former employer agreed to marry her and look after the younger sister also. After the marriage, the girl embraced Hinduism.
But her parents filed an abduction case against the husband. The businessman, too, allegedly threatened him.
The Delhi High Court intervened and ordered a bone ossification test on the girl. It also ordered police protection for the girl and her sister after they told the court that they feared for their lives.
The girl’s parents Tuesday pleaded before the court that the younger daughter be handed over to them, which the court refused. It fixed the next date of hearing as May 19.
The girl has alleged that their stepfather sexually abused her and her sister.
- Seven held in China for prostituting underage girls - Jul 19, 2012
- You can choose your path, court tells girl in love - Jan 18, 2011
- British teacher jailed for sex with underage student - Jun 19, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Gomez set to become big sister - Nov 27, 2011
- Chinese boy stands trial for setting girl on fire - Apr 23, 2012
- Jilted man kills girl - Jan 12, 2012
- Husband held for murder of Jaipal Reddy's niece (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Court grants police protection to couple - Sep 16, 2010
- Bolivian man fathers six kids with stepdaughters - Sep 21, 2010
- Orphaned by Leh floods, sisters adopted by army get back life - May 31, 2011
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Parents force daughter to have medieval duels - Oct 20, 2011
- Court helps 18-year-old girl get passport back from parents - Jul 21, 2010
- Shweta most knowledgeable Bachchan: Big B (Movie Snippets) - Aug 22, 2012