Music systems from 40 cars stolen in a night in DelhiMarch 1st, 2009 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 1 (IANS) In what apparently looks to be the handiwork of one gang, music systems of around 40 cars were stolen after breaking their windows in an east Delhi colony, the police Sunday said.
The thieves stuck Saturday night and stole music systems of around 40 cars after breaking window glasspanes in Mayur Vihar’s phase I area, a police officer said.
The incident came to the notice of one of the car owners Sunday morning and he informed other neighbours about it.
“My driver came at 5:30 a.m. and asked for the key of the car. He immediately came back and informed me that somebody had broken the window glass and stolen the music system,” said Rajesh Kumar.
Kumar then checked other cars parked next to his and found that music system of several other cars were stolen. “I informed my neighbours,” he said.
“I was shocked to see it. Thieves dared to steal so many music systems despite that there is a police station very near the locality,” said another resident.
Police have registered a case and is investigating the matter, the police officer said.
- Man involved in 250 CNG car kit thefts held - Feb 21, 2011
- Life back to normal in east Delhi, six more arrested - Sep 05, 2012
- Thieves steal stereos from 20 cars in Gurgaon - Mar 07, 2010
- Nepali kingpin of Delhi auto thefts arrested - Dec 02, 2011
- Delhi's burglars make hay while summer vacation shines - Jun 14, 2011
- Engineer becomes thief to recover business losses - May 11, 2012
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Designer jeans worth $1 mn stolen from warehouse - Feb 27, 2012
- Senior citizen murdered inside her Delhi flat - Jan 10, 2012
- Stolen forklift used to rob ATM - Apr 06, 2011
- TVs stolen from Gujarat judges' guest house - Aug 09, 2010
- Two pedestrians killed in east Delhi - Feb 20, 2012
- 10-tonne bridge stolen in Czech Republic - May 01, 2012
- Picasso stolen from Athens National Gallery - Jan 10, 2012
- East Delhi violence under control - Sep 03, 2012