Murders continue in Delhi, elderly and newly married women killedMay 6th, 2008 - 10:21 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) A 70-year-old woman was Tuesday found with her throat slit open with a kitchen knife at her south Delhi home. A young woman who got married five months ago was also murdered in the city taking the capital murder toll in just six days this month to nine. The elderly Nirmala Madan’s body was spotted by her daughter-in-law Madhu when she came to the ground floor of the Amar Colony house at 8.15 a.m. Police suspect that a Nepali who was employed last week to run a telephone kiosk near the house and who is missing may have killed her.
The house was ransacked but the family was unable to tell the police what valuables were missing. According to the family, Badal was last seen with two suspicious men late Monday.
The victim, who was into real estate business for 20 years, lived on the ground floor with the Nepali. Her daughter-in-law lived on the first floor. The family had rented out the second floor.
Madan’s husband had died nearly 10 years ago. Her only two sons had also died some five-six years ago.
Police said it appeared that the woman was murdered Monday night. Her body was taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
“Initial investigation suggests that the servant, hired without police verification, could be behind the murder,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H.G.S. Dhaliwal.
In a separate incident, a 22-year-old woman was found strangled at her rented accommodation in west Delhi’s Mohan Garden area late Monday.
The house owner called the police after finding the house locked from outside. The door was broken open. Shazia’s body was found on the floor.
Police are suspecting the woman’s husband Siraj, who is missing. “We have registered a case of murder,” said a police official. The couple had married five months ago.
As temperatures rose in the capital, so did the murder graph. There were over 20 cases of murders and 30 attempts to murder last month, which witnessed a number of sensational shootings and attacks in residential areas resulting in deaths.
The month of May began with five murders on the first day followed by a double murder in a south Delhi neighbourhood on May 2.
- Elderly woman murdered in south Delhi - Oct 31, 2011
- Kashmir woman's death: Family alleges domestic violence - Dec 08, 2011
- Elderly woman, newly married woman murdered in Delhi - May 06, 2008
- Murdered Nepali woman's body found in tank - Jul 26, 2011
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Nigerian arrested for murdering girlfriend - May 31, 2011
- Man kills NRI wife, burns body - Nov 12, 2011
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Maid burgles elderly doctor's house - Nov 15, 2011
- Father-in-law kills newly-married woman - Sep 20, 2011
- Woman killed by father-in-law - Apr 30, 2012
- Old woman robbed, murdered - Jul 30, 2011
- Five Nepali girls rescued in Delhi - May 21, 2011
- Army man arrested in Gurgaon for woman's murder - May 25, 2012
- Spurned lover kills four, self (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012