Murdered Uttar Pradesh girl’s mother demands CBI probeJune 15th, 2011 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
Lakhimpur-Kheri (Uttar Pradesh) June 15 (IANS) The mother of the murdered minor girl in Uttar Pradesh Wednesday said only a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe would help solve the case and insisted that her daughter was gangraped by policemen.
Her demand comes after Chief Minister Mayawati earlier Wednesday expressed the apprehension that a CBI inquiry could botch up the case.
“There are attempts to conceal the facts…What is being shown is not true. I want a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) inquiry into the case,” the girl’s mother told reporters here.
“I have seen my daughter’s body…She was raped. I am not satisfied by the state police investigations,” she said, insisting that policemen gangraped her 14-year-old daughter and killed her.
The girl’s body was found hanging from a tree June 10 night inside the Nighasan police station premises in Lakhimpur-Kheri district.
The death was initially dismissed by police as suicide, but a second autopsy confirmed the girl was strangled.
As many as 11 policemen at the police station and three doctors who conducted the first autopsy have been suspended.
Earlier in Lucknow, Mayawati said she was not opposed to a CBI probe into the murder, but feared the case “may be botched up” by the central agency.
“We don’t oppose the CBI investigating the case as such but the government fears the case may be botched up…,” the chief minister told reporters here.
At present, the Uttar Pradesh Police crime branch is investigating the case.
Ramchandra, an employee at the Nighasan police station, has been arrested while sub-inspector B.K. Singh and two constables - Uma Shankar and Shiv Shankar - have been booked for tampering with evidence.
- Lawyers offer help, girl's family again wants CBI probe - Jun 16, 2011
- Girl killed in police station was gangraped: Women's panel - Jun 30, 2011
- Mayawati orders probe into girl's death at police station (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Murdered girl's mother wants CBI probe, Mayawati says 'no' (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2011
- Uma Bharti to stage first sit-in as BJP leader Saturday - Jun 17, 2011
- Mayawati orders probe into girl's death at police station - Jun 13, 2011
- Mayawati suspends police officer in girl's murder (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Court seeks detailed report on UP girl's murder probe - Jun 17, 2011
- Lakhimpur-Kheri girl's parents demand CBI probe (Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
- BJP demands third autopsy of murdered UP girl - Jun 14, 2011
- Mayawati says 'no' to CBI probe in girl's murder (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- CBI must probe UP girl's murder, says union minister - Jun 15, 2011
- Rahul for CBI probe into girl's murder in police station (Second Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Rahul meets family of girl found dead in police station - Jun 30, 2011
- Kheri rape: Doctors charged with fudging autopsy - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: apprehension, autopsy, cbi inquiry, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, constables, crime branch, hanging from a tree, kheri district, Mayawati, police crime, police investigations, police station, policemen, premises, shiv shankar, state police, tampering with evidence, uttar pradesh police