Murder suspect murdered in the same way as Noida girl (Lead)May 17th, 2008 - 9:09 pm ICT by admin
Noida, May 17 (IANS) The murder of Noida girl Aarushi Talwar turned into a whodunit Saturday as the original suspect, the family’s domestic help, was found dead on the terrace of their house with his throat slit in the same manner as the first victim. Superintendent of Police (city) Mahesh Mishra said the domestic help, Yam Prasad alias Hemraj, was killed in a manner similar to Aarushi’s murder.
There was no word on why the police had not searched the terrace on Friday, when Aarushi was found murdered in bed. The door leading to the terrace was locked from inside, making it clear that Hemraj had been murdered and the killer had locked the door before escaping.
The state of decomposition of Hemraj’s body indicated that he had been killed around the same time as Aarushi, a police official said.
The double murder in Jalvayu Vihar of Noida’s Sector 25 will now be investigated by the Special Task force (STF) of the Uttar Pradesh police, said Additional Director General of POlice Brij Lal. The case was so far being probed by the Noida police.
Fifteen-year-old Aarushi, a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School (Noida), was found dead with multiple stab injuries on her face, chest and neck when her father opened her bedroom door at their home here Friday morning.
The teenager, the only daughter of a dentist couple, had eaten dinner with her family Thursday night and then retired to her room in the three-bedroom apartment.
At 6 a.m. Friday, her father Rajesh Talwar woke up to open the door to a part-time domestic help and peeped into Aarushi’s room. To his horror, he found his daughter lying dead in a pool of blood. Her throat was slit and there were stab wounds on her forehead, shoulder and chest, Mishra said.
She was rushed to hospital where doctors declared her dead.
On Friday, the police had been quick to cast Hemraj as the prime suspect when he could not be found. The investigators are now probing other angles, an official said.
The motive behind the murders is unclear. There was nothing missing from the house.
Hemraj was brought to the Talwar home by Vishnu, the family’s regular domestic help, who had goon on leave. Hemraj had been working with the family for the last seven months.
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Aarushi's parents to face trial, Supreme Court rules (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea - Mar 26, 2012
- Apex court reserves verdict on Talwars' trial transfer plea - Feb 27, 2012