Murder convict escapes from Ranchi hospitalMay 23rd, 2008 - 8:42 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi, May 23 (IANS) A murder convict sentenced to death escaped from a hospital here Friday, the police said. Anil Sharma, held guilty of two murders and accused in over a dozen killings, was undergoing treatment at the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), when he gave five policemen the slip and escaped Friday afternoon.
“Five policemen, who were posted to keep a close watch on Anil Sharma in the hospital, have been suspended. We will inquire why Sharma was shifted from Birsa Munda jail to RIMS,” said Senior Superintendent of Police (Ranchi) M.S. Bhatia.
Sharma, a resident of Ranchi, was convicted of killing a man in Bihar and a prisoner inside the Ranchi jail premises eight years ago. He was sentenced to death by a Bihar court.
A manhunt has been launched to nab Sharma, Bhatia said.
- Four prisoners escape from Jharkhand hospital - Mar 20, 2009
- Madhu Koda, ex-Minister shifted from hospital to jail - Dec 30, 2011
- 10 Ranchi jail staffers suspended for prisoners' death - Jun 06, 2011
- 20 killed, many critically injured in Jharkhand road mishap - Sep 19, 2011
- Three prisoners die mysteriously - Jun 05, 2011
- Koda booked for instigating prisoners - Nov 02, 2011
- Murder convict inspector promoted in Jharkhand - Oct 20, 2010
- Looking for Birsa Munda-112 years after his death (With Images) - Jun 08, 2012
- Jharkhand youth sentenced to death for beheading girl (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- 50 lifers in Jharkhand on fast-unto-death - Feb 02, 2011
- Five cops killed in Jharkhand landmine blast - Jul 16, 2010
- Murder convict inspector in Jharkhand not to be promoted (Lead) - Oct 20, 2010
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts may return to college - Aug 23, 2012
- Chopper mishap: Bedridden Munda sits up for first time - Jun 24, 2012
- Murder convict arrested 10 years after jumping parole - Dec 20, 2011