Murder convict dies in Chhattisgarh jailMarch 13th, 2008 - 9:55 pm ICT by admin
Raipur, March 13 (IANS) A middle-aged man, convicted for murder, died in Raipur central jail in Chhattisgarh Thursday. Deputy Inspector General (Jail) P.D. Verma said Khemlal, 42, sentenced to life imprisonment for murder, died of heart attack Thursday.
“The autopsy report revealed that the prisoner had suffered a massive cardiac arrest but the jail authorities have ordered a formal probe into the matter,” Verma told IANS by phone.
He said the inmate from Abhanpur area of Raipur district was kept in cell number nine. Jail authorities handed over the body to prisoner’s relatives after an autopsy at a government hospital here.
Raipur central jail is one of the most overcrowded jails of Chhattisgarh where about 1,200 inmates are lodged against its capacity for about 800 inmates. Over 300 dreaded Maoists are also kept in separate cells in the jail.
- Five accused of sex crimes slain in Venezuela prison - Jan 03, 2012
- Chhattisgarh jails overcrowded: Minister - Feb 21, 2011
- Murder convict found dead in Chhattisgarh jail - Mar 03, 2010
- Mobile phones, cash seized in Chhattisgarh jail - Mar 19, 2011
- Kalmadi falls in line - for food at Tihar Jail - May 05, 2011
- Russian prison to install sunbeds to improve the health of their inmates - Nov 11, 2010
- 20 dead in Honduras prison fight - Mar 30, 2012
- 14 undertrials escape from Rajasthan jail - Dec 09, 2011
- 13 die in Turkish prison fire - Jun 17, 2012
- Indian jails overcrowded, Uttar Pradesh the worst - Aug 09, 2011
- Prisoners extend support to Binayak Sen in Bihar - Jan 01, 2011
- Chhattisgarh has about 12,000 prisoners - Aug 03, 2010
- Punjab jails crammed 150 percent beyond capacity - Dec 10, 2010
- Jails housing Maoists to have mobile phone jammers - Feb 27, 2010
- Ranchi prisoners fast to support Hazare - Aug 20, 2011