Murder case filed against Raj Thackeray in BiharOctober 24th, 2008 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Oct 24 (IANS) Raj Thackeray may now face a murder charge after the father of Pawan Kumar, the youth who was allegedly killed by Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) activists in Mumbai, filed a case against the party chief in a Bihar court Friday.Pawan’s father Jagdish Prasad filed a murder case against Thackeray under section 302 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) in the court of chief judicial magistrate in Biharsharif, the district headquarters of Nalanda, about 100 km from here, court sources said.
Prasad has accused Thackeray and MNS activists of killing his son in Mumbai last Sunday.
Prasad has requested the court to charge Thackeray with the murder of his son.
Pawan, a resident of Bara-Khurd village in Nalanda, was one of the hundreds of students from Bihar appearing for a railway recruitment exam in Maharashtra Sunday when MNS activists attacked them.
The son of a poor farmer, Pawan had hoped to improve his family’s standard of living by getting a government job. However, his dead body was brought back to Bihar Tuesday to be cremated at his village.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has announced a compensation of Rs.150,000 to Pawan’s family.
- Killing of Bihar youths in Mumbai blacks out Diwali at home - Oct 28, 2008
- Bihar youths claim MNS killed candidate, vandalise Patna station - Oct 21, 2008
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Lalu slams Nitish for 'bowing' before Raj Thackeray - Apr 16, 2012
- Lalu's RJD backs Nitish on Bihar Day in Mumbai - Apr 13, 2012
- Uddhav again demands permit system for Bihari migrants - Sep 04, 2012
- Bihar students ransack 2 railway stations, torch vehicle - Oct 23, 2008
- Raj Thackeray publicity-hungry: Nitish Kumar - Sep 02, 2012
- Anger against Raj Thackeray rages in Bihar - Oct 22, 2008
- Train bogeys burnt in anti-Thackeray protests in Bihar (Third Lead) - Oct 22, 2008
- Court seeks report on plea against Raj Thackeray - Sep 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray threatens to shut Hindi channels misquoting him - Sep 02, 2012
- Thakerays are 'infiltrators' in Maharashtra from Bihar: Lalu Prasad - Sep 09, 2012
- Anti-Thackeray protests in Bihar, trains targeted (Second Lead) - Oct 22, 2008
- Back home, Bihar students spew anger against Thackeray (Lead) - Oct 22, 2008