Murder case against Thackeray in Jharkhand courtNovember 1st, 2008 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Nov 1 (IANS) A murder case was lodged against Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray and 15 others in a court in Jharkhand Saturday following the death of a train passenger last month.Raju Mallik, a resident of Chaktita village, about 240 km from here, filed a complaint in the Chief Judicial Magistrate’s (CJM) court of Dhanbad district under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including that related to murder.
Mallik has said that he and two of his friends, Sakaldeo and Vijay Singh, were going from Dhanbad to Mumbai in search of jobs and when they were travelling in a train to Mumbai Oct 19, MNS supporters entered the compartment and beat up passengers from north India.
While he managed to escape, his two friends were trapped by Thackeray’s supporters, he said.
Mallik said Sakaldeo was killed and Singh has remained untraceable.
According to the Dhanbad police, their Mumbai counterparts termed Sakaldeo’s death as an accident.
Thackeray, facing controversy over his party’s campaign against people from outside Maharashtra working in that state, already has two arrest warrants pending against him in Jharkhand.
- Raj Thackeray publicity-hungry: Nitish Kumar - Sep 02, 2012
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Raj Thackeray attacks Maharashtra government on toll tax - Jun 12, 2012
- 10,000 Mumbai autorickshaw permit holders agree to electronic meters - Oct 05, 2011
- Uddhav again demands permit system for Bihari migrants - Sep 04, 2012
- MNS activists attack toll posts across Maharashtra - Jun 13, 2012
- MNS offers unconditional support to Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI in Thane - Mar 06, 2012
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- Raj Thackeray again attacks north Indian migrants - Jul 18, 2011
- BJP keen on MNS as part of alliance in Maharashtra - Mar 01, 2011
- Raj Thackeray threatens to shut Hindi channels misquoting him - Sep 02, 2012
- Court seeks report on plea against Raj Thackeray - Sep 13, 2012
- Mumbai cop offers rose to Raj Thackeray, attacks police chief - Aug 21, 2012
- Defiant MNS asks Mumbai residents not to pay toll tax - Jul 29, 2012
- Police allow Raj Thackeray to hold rally (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012