Murder accused injures 6 prisoners in court lock upOctober 20th, 2008 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) A man accused in a murder case injured six other prisoners with a surgical blade after a fight broke out between them when they were taken from Tihar jail to Karkardooma court here Monday, the police said.The fight started amongst the prisoners in the court lock up and Vijender, an accused in a murder case hurt six other prisoners with the surgical blade, the police said.
Vijender also hurt himself with the surgical blade.
On the complaint of the injured prisoners, a case has been lodged against Vijender under section 307 (attempt to murder) and 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons) of the Indian Penal Code.
The six injured are Vijat, Sunil, Deepak, Khalid, Vakil and Aalam. All are accused in different murder cases and trials are pending against them.
The injured prisoners were taken to hospital. After receiving first aid treatment, they were discharged and sent to jail.
- Delhi High Court blast: Court to frame charges Oct 1 - Sep 21, 2012
- 10 years jail for 2008 Thane blasts convicts - Aug 30, 2011
- Man convicted of attacking cop, walks free as term already served - Jun 24, 2012
- Two convicted for 2008 Thane blasts, four let off - Aug 29, 2011
- Delhi HC blast: Court to frame charges Sep 18 (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Four injured as undertrials clash in Delhi court - Jun 09, 2011
- Godhra verdict: Ahmedabad court convicts 31, acquits 63 (Second Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Godhra verdict: Sections under which 31 were convicted - Feb 22, 2011
- Jailed murder accused 'untraceable' - Feb 20, 2012
- Tihar security tightened, court told - Sep 14, 2011
- Kishtwar student a conspirator in Delhi blast, says NIA - Sep 22, 2011
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- Court notice on plea seeking rules for ill Tihar inmates - Aug 13, 2012
- Murder accused flees Haryana jail, nabbed in Delhi - May 09, 2012
- Detention, assault of two men being probed, court told - Mar 06, 2012