Murder accused dies in Ghaziabad jailMay 30th, 2008 - 1:19 am ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, May 29 (IANS) Ravinder Pradhan, accused of murdering university professor Kavita Chaudhary in 2006, died in Dasna jail here Thursday. Jail superintendent V.K. Singh confirmed the undertrial’s death and said Pradhan was rushed to the district hospital after he complained of severe vomiting. Pradhan was declared dead in the hospital.
Chaudhary, a professor at the CCS University in Meerut, had gone missing in October 2006.
Merajuddin and Babulal of the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) were forced to step down as Uttar Pradesh ministers after Pradhan said Chaudhary was murdered over a dispute over sharing the blackmail money collected from politicians who allegedly had intimate relationship with her. Chaudhary was murdered allegedly after a dispute over sharing the money extorted from Meerajuddin. Her body was thrown into a canal and has not been recovered yet.
- Two get life term for murder of Meerut university professor - Sep 23, 2011
- Three convicted for professor's murder - Sep 22, 2011
- 'Kavita Chaudhary murder accused died unnatural death in jail' - Apr 14, 2009
- Dasna jail has seen 93 inmates dying since 1997 - Oct 20, 2009
- Rahul, Ajit Singh's joint rally at Meerut Thursday - Feb 01, 2012
- Indian gets 39-year jail for slaying Nepali schoolgirl - Nov 20, 2010
- Bhanwari Devi case accused flees from police custody - Jun 14, 2012
- Undergraduate arrested for murder - Sep 09, 2011
- Jayant Chaudhary's wife is cynosure at Congress-RLD rally - Feb 02, 2012
- Cops eat ice cream with accused, face action - Feb 23, 2011
- FBI confirms bones collected from canal are Bhanwari Devi's - Jul 05, 2012
- Austrian professor jailed for downloading child porn - May 21, 2011
- Pinki: I was treated like animal, blackmailed - Jul 11, 2012
- SIT to probe fresh violence in Maruti Manesar plant (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Six prisoners attempt suicide in Bihar jail - May 14, 2012