Munda recovering in hospital after chopper crashMay 10th, 2012 - 1:21 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, May 10 (IANS) Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda was recovering well but continued to be in hospital, his aides said Thursday, a day after he survived a helicopter crash landing with multiple injuries.
“Munda in his message to people of the state has said he is well,” the chief minister’s political advisor Ayodhyanath Mishra told reporters.
The chief minister, he said, had met some people in the morning at the Apollo Hospital.
The condition of Munda’s wife Meera, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Barkuwar Gagrai and others who were travelling with him, including security officer Manoj Singh and pilot B.K. Singh, was stable and they were recovering at the hospital.
Munda suffered a right ankle fracture and minor injuries in his spine and waist. Hospital sources said he might have to stay on for a few days in the hospital for treatment.
Munda was on his way to Saraikela Kharsawa district to participate in a programme when the helicopter developed a technical snag and returned to Ranchi. The chopper crash landed from a height of about 25 feet in the airport area and toppled over, injuring its occupants.
A two-member team of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) arrived in Ranchi Wednesday evening. The team inspected the crashed chopper and met the pilots in the hospital.
The Aryanan Aviation chopper Augusta 009 was said to be 20 years old. In April, the chopper carrying Munda had to make an emergency landing in Jamshedpur after it developed a snag.
- Munda recovering in hospital after chopper crash (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Jharkhand CM survives nasty chopper crash (Evening Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Pilot wisdom saved Munda and others - May 09, 2012
- Munda injured after chopper crash lands (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Munda: I am fine, will soon get back to work - May 12, 2012
- Injured Munda to convene cabinet meeting May 17 - May 14, 2012
- Munda works from ICU, legislator discharged - May 11, 2012
- Munda, wife escape as chopper crash lands (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Munda, wife discharged from hospital - May 17, 2012
- Injured Munda discharging duties from bed - Jun 04, 2012
- Chopper mishap: Bedridden Munda sits up for first time - Jun 24, 2012
- Gadkari meets Munda in hospital - May 13, 2012
- Dhruv choppers grounded after crash - Oct 20, 2011
- BSF chopper crashes in Jharkhand, three killed - Oct 19, 2011
- Two-member team starts probe into chopper crash - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: ankle fracture, apollo hospital, chief minister, chopper, civil aviation, crash landing, dgca, directorate general, emergency landing, helicopter crash, hospital sources, jamshedpur, janata party, legislator, member team, minor injuries, occupants, security officer, technical snag, wednesday evening