Munaf Patel fined for breach of ICC code of conductAugust 20th, 2008 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Aug 20 (IANS) India’s fast bowler Munaf Patel has been docked 75 percent of his match fee for breaching the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) code of conduct in the second ODI against Sri Lanka in Dambulla Wednesday.Munaf had made some remarks to umpire Gamini Silva after he turned down an lbw appeal.
Munaf was found guilty of a level 2 offence by match referee Chris Broad at a hearing after India won the match by three wickets. The pacer pleaded not guilty to the charge but did admit to speaking aggressively to the umpire.
Munaf was found to have breached clause 2.8 of the code which refers to “using language that is obscene, offensive or of a seriously insulting nature to another player, umpire, referee, team official or spectator”.
“I accept that in international cricket there is a lot of passion but that does not excuse players talking back to umpires in an aggressive manner, as happened in this case,” Broad said in a statement.
“That is unacceptable and I hope this decision and the fine imposed demonstrates that fact.”
The charge was laid by the four umpires on duty - Gamini Silva and Billy Doctrove, third official Tyron Wijewardena and fourth umpire R.D. Kottahachchi.
- McCullum reprimanded for dissent - Aug 26, 2012
- Kohli fined for breaching ICC code - Aug 26, 2010
- Haddin fined for showing dissent at umpire decision - May 17, 2010
- Kohli fined 15 per cent of match fee for ICC Code of Conduct breach - Aug 26, 2010
- Praveen Kumar fined for breaching ICC code - Jul 30, 2011
- Bresnan fined for showing dissent against umpires in Mohali - Oct 21, 2011
- Raina fined for showing dissent - Jun 30, 2011
- Ajmal guilty of breaching ICC Code - Aug 13, 2009
- Haddin fined for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - May 17, 2010
- Taufel, Gould to officiate in high-octane India-Pakistan semis - Mar 27, 2011
- Pietersen reprimanded for ICC conduct breach - Oct 30, 2011
- Pakistan captain Misbah suspended from Galle Test - Jun 19, 2012
- Umpire Davis reaches 100 mark with India-Netherlands match - Mar 09, 2011
- Referee rebukes Swann for kicking stumps - Jul 31, 2011
- Kohli reprimanded for 'showing dissent' on his dismissal - Dec 06, 2011