Mumbai’s top encounter specialist dismissedAugust 31st, 2008 - 11:20 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 31 (IANS) In a major development, the Maharashtra government dismissed Mumbai’s top police encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma from service early Sunday, according to a police official.Sharma was served the dismissal order at his residence at 1 a.m. Sunday.
He has been accused of having links with the underworld, corruption and amassing huge properties in his name among other things.
In his 25-year career with the Mumbai Police, Sharma has shot dead 107 criminals.
- Controversial Mumbai cop gets his job back (Lead) - May 07, 2009
- 'Encounter' cop among three nabbed over staged shootout - Jan 08, 2010
- Mumbai 'encounter' specialist, 5 others jailed till Jan 14 (Second Lead) - Jan 08, 2010
- Mumbai encounter specialist Sharma reinstated after eight months - May 07, 2009
- Mumbai 'encounter' expert, 5 others jailed till Jan 14 (Lead) - Jan 08, 2010
- Gadkari demands CBI probe in journalist's murder - Jun 15, 2011
- Controversial Mumbai cop re-instated - May 07, 2009
- Maharashtra police officer acquitted of murder attempt - Jun 01, 2011
- Delhi staged shootout: Rs.15 lakh for victims' families - Jul 04, 2011
- Maharashtra sacks 'encounter specialist' Pradeep Sharma - Aug 31, 2008
- 'Department' focuses on conflict of interest in police department (IANS Preview) - May 14, 2012
- Slain journalist cremated in Mumbai (Lead) - Jun 12, 2011
- Senior crime journalist shot dead in Mumbai (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Breather for Kripashankar: Apex court stays attachment order (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Highlights of judgment on Shivani Bhatnagar murder - Oct 12, 2011