Mumbai woman jumps off 19th floor with two kidsMarch 8th, 2011 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 8 (IANS) A 30-year-old woman Tuesday jumped to her death from the 19th floor of a building with her two children, police said. All three died on the spot, eyewitnesses recounted.
The tragic incident took place in suburban Malad’s Sahyadri Building. Nidhi Pawan Gupta, who stayed on the ninth floor of the building, took a lift to the 18th floor with her children, Gaurav (10) and Mayika (3), climbed to the 19th floor and jumped off, said an eyewitness.
“She got into the lift from the ninth floor with both her kids; the girl was dressed in a school uniform. She asked to go to the 18th floor,” the eyewitness said.
“When I came back to the ground floor only minutes later, I was told about the incident. I am shocked,” he added.
The bodies have been sent for autopsy. “The reason for the suicide is not known, but we are looking into it,” an officer said.
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai's triple-suicide case - Mar 12, 2011
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son - Apr 16, 2011
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son, four held (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Gurgaon domestic help jumps to death - May 14, 2012
- Maid jumps to death in Gurgaon, employers booked - May 14, 2012
- Woman falls to death in Noida, husband detained - Apr 14, 2012
- Woman commits suicide over husband's affairs (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Two jewellers killed in Mumbai - Apr 12, 2012
- Pregnant woman commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 19, 2012
- Noida woman jumps to death after fight with lover - Aug 22, 2012
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Authorities say that the autopsy on Marie Osmond's son is inconclusive - Mar 02, 2010