Mumbai woman alleges rape in KolkataAugust 24th, 2012 - 11:49 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 24 (IANS) A 19-year-old woman who came to the city from Mumbai on a visit has lodged a police complaint that she was raped, police said Friday. No arrest has been made so far.
“We have received a complaint of rape of a 19-year-old woman. We are arranging to send her to a shelter home. A medical test on her will be conducted Saturday,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police Satyajit Banerjee.
The alleged rape took place in Beniapukur.
The victim said she came to the city a few weeks back in search of a job and was staying at the Sealdah Railway Station. The accused, in his 30s, befriended her and promised to get her a job, police said.
The woman alleged the man Thursday lured her to a secluded place on the pretext of getting her a job, gave her a cold drink laced with a sedative and then raped her.
When she gained consciousness, she found herself in a park. Later, she filed the complaint with the Beniapukur police station, police said.
- Woman drugged and raped - Oct 12, 2011
- Woman gangraped in Noida, one arrested - Apr 08, 2012
- Driver arrested for molesting French tourist - Sep 04, 2012
- 22-year-old maid raped by employer, two others - Jun 22, 2011
- Woman raped by friend made on internet - Dec 26, 2010
- Mumbai senior cop suspended for raping colleague - Apr 18, 2012
- Two arrested for abducting, drugging woman in Delhi - Jun 16, 2012
- Yoga teacher arrested for misbehaving with Spanish tourist - Dec 23, 2011
- Cop suspected of raping minor sacked - Nov 17, 2010
- Two held in Mysore for raping Australian tourist - Jun 27, 2011
- Woman raped on pretext of job interview - Jan 07, 2012
- Restaurant owner in custody for attempted rape of tourist - Dec 22, 2011
- Woman drugged, raped by friend - Oct 06, 2011
- Rape-accused NCP legislator remanded to police custody - Feb 27, 2011
- Engineer arrested for rape, cheating - Sep 14, 2011
Tags: alleged rape, cold drink, commissioner of police, consciousness, deputy commissioner, job, kolkata, medical test, old woman, police complaint, police station, pretext, railway station, satyajit, sedative, shelter home