Mumbai terror strike is an attack on all Indians: NRI outfitNovember 27th, 2008 - 3:52 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Nov 27 (IANS) A non-resident Indian organisation known for its fight against communalism Thursday termed the Mumbai terror attack as an “attack on entire India.”Mourning the loss of human lives in these horrific attacks in Mumbai, NRIs for Secular and Harmonious India said: “These cowardly attacks on a famous financial and cultural centre, the cosmopolitan tourist city of Mumbai, are an attack on all Indians.”
In a statement, the organisation urged the Indian government to apprehend the terrorists and punish them to the fullest extent of the law.
“We, along with all wise and peaceful people of India, appeal to the brave people of Mumbai to remain calm and united during this national crisis,” it said.
“Terrorism is a crime against humanity, we must wipe out this menace from the face of the earth. That said, we appeal to all news media to handle the reporting with utmost responsibility and accuracy,” said the statement signed by Najma Sultana, George Abraham and Mohammed Imran.
The organisation also urged the Indian government to prevent terrorism by increasing intelligence efforts and mounting effective counter-terror measures in earnest.
- NRI body opposes move to tax long stay in India - Nov 30, 2011
- Sri Lanka condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Umbrella body of Indian Muslims condemns Mumbai attack - Jul 14, 2011
- Team Anna reaches out to Indians in Japan - Nov 04, 2011
- Binayak Sen urges Maoists to free collector - Apr 23, 2012
- US conveys solidarity over Delhi bombing - Sep 08, 2011
- Mumbai terror attack won't shake market confidence: Pranab - Jul 14, 2011
- SBI teams with Geojit BNP Paribas for NRI stocks investments - Jun 04, 2012
- NRI 'black list' needs review: Punjab minister - Jan 03, 2011
- NRIs want to vote, but through postal ballot - Mar 04, 2011
- Iran terms Mumbai blasts mindless, cowardly - Jul 15, 2011
- Two arrested for peddling cocaine - Aug 28, 2012
- NRIs hold rally for Anna in LA (With Image) - Aug 22, 2011
- Sushil Modi appeals NRIs to visit Bihar to boost tourism - Jan 09, 2011
- Indian Diaspora meet to be held Sep 30 in Amsterdam - Jul 31, 2012