Mumbai TADA judge to head sessions courtApril 16th, 2008 - 4:49 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, April 16 (IANS) Special TADA judge Pramod Kode, who shot to fame after awarding a jail term to Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt last year, took over as the new principal judge of the City Civil and Sessions Court for Greater Mumbai, here Wednesday morning. Kode’s new assignment follows promotion of principal judge Ashok Bhangale as a judge of the Bombay High Court.
Kode, the judge handling cases under the Terrorists and Disruptive Activities (TADA) Act, who delivered the judgement in the 1993 serial blasts case, is one of the longest serving judges presiding over a single court. He conducted the proceedings in the 1993 serial blasts case for over ten years, among the most widely followed trials in Indian history.
A workaholic, Kode never missed a day of work till the last week of June 2007 when he had slipped in the bathroom and fractured his arm.
Kode started his career as a defence lawyer after graduating from the prestigious Government Law College, Mumbai. He became a prosecutor in 1987 and later a judge in the civil and sessions court.
He was promoted as a principal judge of a district court in 1993 and became the Special TADA Court judge in March 1996.
- Salem moves court in Mumbai blasts case - Jan 17, 2012
- Not linked to 1993 Mumbai blasts, Sanjay Dutt tells SC - Aug 14, 2012
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court to hear final hearing in January 2011 - Jul 26, 2010
- Portuguese Supreme Court cancels Salem's extradition, CBI unfazed (Second Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- I met Dawood Ibrahim once: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 15, 2012
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court's final hearing on March 29 - Jan 11, 2011
- I hope court case gets over soon: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 10, 2011
- Supreme Court rejects plea against Sanjay Dutt - Jul 04, 2011
- Judgement day Monday in August 2003 Mumbai twin blasts case - Jul 26, 2009
- Three convicted in 2003 Mumbai twin blasts case - Jul 27, 2009
- Court to pronounce quantum of sentence to 2003 Mumbai twin blasts convicts on Aug 6 - Aug 04, 2009
- Court to pronounce quantum of sentence to 2003 Mumbai twin blasts convicts today - Aug 04, 2009
- Relief for Abu Salem in 1993 blasts - Feb 17, 2012
- Apex court wants details of Abu Salem case proceedings - Mar 19, 2012
- Court suggests CBI probe if needed against top Gujarat cop - Jun 27, 2011