Mumbai suicide victim’s sister-in-law arrestedMarch 14th, 2011 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 14 (IANS) The Mumbai police Monday arrested the sister-in-law of a chartered accountant who leapt to her death from the 19th floor of a building with her two children last week, police said.
“We have arrested Sunita Rakesh Gupta, victim Nidhi Pawan Gupta’s sister-in-law (wife of her husband’s elder brother), from suburban Goregaon (East),” Senior Police Inspector Vinayak Kakade told IANS.
“We are looking for her in-laws and will arrest them soon,” he added.
After throwing down her six-year-old son Gaurav and three-year-old daughter Mahika, Nidhi (30) jumped from the 19th floor of the 21-storey Sahyadri building, where she was living, in Malad suburb’s Govind Nagar March 8. The three died on the spot.
Nidhi lived along with her husband Pankaj, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law on the ninth floor of the same building.
She left behind a suicide note in which she mentioned that nobody was responsible for her extreme step, Kakade said.
The officer, however, declined to reveal how many members of the family were booked.
The entire family was at home when the incident occurred around 8.30 a.m.
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai's triple-suicide case - Mar 12, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son, four held (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Woman, paramour held for sister-in law's murder - Feb 28, 2011
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Mumbai woman jumps off 19th floor with two kids - Mar 08, 2011
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son - Apr 16, 2011
- BSP legislator among 5 booked in Etawah rape, suicide case - Jan 28, 2011
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Three held for forcing woman to foetus sex test (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Tripura trooper guns down five of family - Apr 28, 2012
- Man held for raping minor daughter - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: chartered accountant, elder brother, extreme step, gaurav, govind nagar, left behind, members of the family, mother in law, mumbai police, pawan, police inspector, rakesh gupta, sister in law, suburb, suicide note, suicide victim, vinayak