Mumbai rave party organiser remanded to police custody (Lead)May 21st, 2012 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 21 (IANS) Vishesh Handa, organiser of the rave party in Mumbai where nearly 100 people including two Indian Premier league (IPL) players were detained late Sunday night, was remanded to police custody till May 25 by a metropolitan court here.
Handa was arrested early Monday under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
“Handa, organiser of the rave party and director of Oakwood Premier Hotel, was arrested under NDPS Act. Charas and cocaine were found at the venue and hence he has been booked under the act. He has been remanded to police custody till May 25,” said a police officer.
The police Sunday night busted a high-profile rave party at Oakwood hotel in Juhu, Mumbai.
Two cricketers from the Pune Warriors team of IPL - Rahul Sharma and Wayne Parnell - were among the 96 people who were detained late Sunday.
Drugs like Ecstasy and charas and 110 grams of cocaine were also seized from the spot.
“A total of 58 men and 38 women were detained and taken to a hospital for blood and urine check-up after a rave party was busted in Juhu late Sunday,” a senior police official had said late Sunday.
Even though no arrests have been made yet, the police have released the cricketers after recording their statements and taking their blood and urine samples.
Other detainees will be released soon after the medical examination results arrive, police said.
The raid was supervised by Additional Commissioner of Police Vishwas Nangre-Patil at the Oakwood Premier hotel near Juhu beach.
- Mumbai rave party busted, IPL players questioned - May 21, 2012
- Rave party: Cricketers, celebs claim innocence, organiser arrested (Roundup) - May 21, 2012
- IPL brought foreign culture, spoiling youths: Hazare - May 21, 2012
- 44 at Juhu rave party test positive for drugs - Jun 22, 2012
- We didn't know it was a rave party: Shilpa Saklani - May 21, 2012
- Mumbai rave party: Designer Rocky S, actress Madhura clarify presence - May 22, 2012
- Was at the wrong place at wrong time: Parnell - May 21, 2012
- Rahul Sharma vows to give up cricket if found guilty (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Rave party busted in Mumbai - May 21, 2012
- US national arrested with drugs in Goa - Aug 03, 2011
- Ronit models role on party-busting cop - Jun 26, 2012
- Cop arrested, suspended for joining rave party - Jun 27, 2011
- 10 detained in raid on Himachal rave party - Aug 05, 2012
- Cocaine case: Fardeen charged with lighter offence - Oct 04, 2011
- 20 booked on drug charges in Goa over three months - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: charas, commissioner of police, cricketers, early monday, examination results, ipl, juhu beach, juhu mumbai, medical examination, metropolitan court, narcotic drugs, oakwood hotel, oakwood premier hotel, parnell, party organiser, police official, psychotropic substances, rahul sharma, urine samples, warriors team