Mumbai police want to confront Hamza with Kasab (Lead)June 28th, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) Mumbai police Thursday again petitioned a court here for 26/11 suspect Abu Jindal Hamza’s custody to bring him face-to-face with Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab caught alive during the 2008 Mumbai terror attack. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) also sought his custody.
Mumbai police told Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav that Hamza was required to be confronted with convict Kasab, who has appealed in the Supreme Court against his conviction and death sentence for the terror strike.
They also separately moved a petition for Hamza’s custody in connection with the investigation in the Mumbai serial blasts of 2006.
The court would next hear both the applications July 5.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) also sought Hamza’s custody in connection with a fresh first information report (FIR) lodged June 8 in a terrorism case.
The NIA alleged that Hamza, along with another accused, was collecting explosives in the country for carrying out terror attacks.
The agency told the court that he was required to be presented in a designated NIA court July 6.
The court would next hear the NIA’s plea July 4.
The court Wednesday dismissed Mumbai police’s earlier application for the custody of Hamza.
Hamza, an Indian mastermind of the attack and an alleged member of the outlawed Indian Mujahideen group, was arrested at the Indira Gandhi International Airport here June 21 after his deportation from Saudi Arabia.
- Four agencies seek Jindal's custody - Jul 05, 2012
- Four probe agencies to seek Jundal's custody Friday - Jul 19, 2012
- Mumbai police want to confront Hamza with Kasab - Jun 28, 2012
- Court declines to give Hamza custody to Mumbai police (lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Delhi cops to question Abu Jindal for 15 more days (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- NIA has joined Jindal interrogation, court told - Jul 04, 2012
- Bring terror suspect Hamza to Mumbai: Court (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Court no to Mumbai Police custody of Hamza - Jun 27, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- India seeks to nail Pakistan on 26/11 with Hamza's confession (Roundup) - Jun 27, 2012
- Now, Gujarat cops seek Jundal's custody - Jul 06, 2012
- 26/11 Indian mastermind held, Mumbai police seek custody (Roundup) (With Images) - Jun 25, 2012
- Key suspect in Mumbai terror attack held (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to police custody till July 31 (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Abu Jindal's mother says he is innocent - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,