Mumbai murder commited by unverified security guard?August 11th, 2012 - 4:04 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Aug 11 (IANS) The murder of a woman lawyer in Mumbai, allegedly by a private security guard hailing from Kashmir, is the result of mushrooming of unregistered private security companies across the country that do not verify their security guards as per industry norms, a top expert Saturday said.
Anil Puri, executive director of APS Group, country’s premier private security company, told reporters in Srinagar: “The incident is shocking and unfortunate. Our association (of security agencies) has laid down procedures for the appointment of security guards which include police verification, character verification, training and capacity building.”
Pallavi Purkayastha, 25 was allegedly murdered Thursday by a security guard Sajad Ahmed Mughal by slitting her throat in a Mumbai apartment. Mughal belongs to Uri tehsil of Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
“The problem is that there are numerous unregistered security agencies in the country and it is there that such problems arise,” Puri said.
Puri said steps are being taken that the government seeks mandatory registration from all the private security agencies in the country.
“We are also holding programmes on self-regulation and ethics for the staff working with registered security companies in the country”, Puri presently on a private visit to the Valley said here.
- Lawyer murder: Watchman sent to police custody - Aug 11, 2012
- Stunned over Pallavi's death: Excel Entertainment officials - Aug 11, 2012
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Jaish chief commander killed in Srinagar (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer, act premediated: Police (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Woman lawyer found murdered in Mumbai home - Aug 09, 2012
- Dhoni wants to serve army after his cricketing career ends (With Images) - Jun 03, 2012
- Antony calls for better synergy among security forces in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012
- Four guerrillas killed while crossing LoC - May 10, 2012
- Hurriyat strike disrupts normal life in Kashmir - Nov 03, 2010
- Shutdown call by traders affects life in Srinagar (With Image) - Jan 06, 2012
- 55 security agencies in Gurgaon under scanner - Oct 05, 2011
- NHPC never had ownership rights over power projects: Kashmir - Jan 10, 2012
- Omar chairs high-level meeting to review power status - Jan 04, 2012
- Foreign guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: capacity building, commited, ethics, executive director, industry norms, kashmir, mandatory registration, mughal, private security agencies, private security companies, private security company, private security guard, private visit, registered security, security guards, self regulation, srinagar, top expert, unverified, woman lawyer