Mumbai mayor tells people to raise terror concerns on radioNovember 29th, 2008 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 29 (IANS) Mumbai Mayor Shubha Raul has asked radio listeners to voice their concerns over the terror attacks that have shaken the city on radio and said their queries would be raised with Deputy Chief Minister R.R. Patil.Raul told listeners on private radio station 93.5 Red FM Friday: “I am as much angered and upset by these events as the common people of Mumbai. I want all Mumbaikars to raise their voice and will make sure all your questions and concerns are raised with R.R. Patil.”
Militants struck in at least 10 places in Mumbai, killing and injuring hundreds of people by firing at various city landmarks including two luxury hotels since Wednesday night.
The terror drama that lasted nearly 59 hours ended Saturday as commandos from three agencies eliminated three militants who had taken over the iconic Taj hotel here. At least 162 people were killed in the attacks.
People in Mumbai are coming to terms with the terror attack by venting their angst through platforms like blogs, television, networking sites and radio.
The airwaves of Red FM station have been thrown open to Mumbai citizens to come forward to talk about their experiences, to express their anger or to demand answers to their unanswered questions, the radio station said in a press release Saturday.
RJ Malishka of Morning No.1 on Red FM said: “We love the spirit of Mumbai, but we should not use that as a shield to get up and get on with our lives, like it’s just another day! The end of these few terrorists doesn’t mean the end of terrorism, it’s a long-term battle and we citizens will have to fight it.
“Each and every citizen of Mumbai has a responsibility, in his own little way, to pressurise the system to take action.”
- Mumbai RJ gets PETA award for saving parrot - Jun 15, 2011
- RED FM The Best FM Station of India - May 28, 2009
- Bengali Film Stars And Musicians Turn RJ At Radio Mirchi! - Jan 19, 2011
- 13/7, scribe's murder set to rock Maharashtra assembly - Jul 24, 2011
- Mumbai targeted by terrorists nine times in 10 years - Jul 26, 2011
- 'Indian Idol' finalist Bhoomi is Radio Mirchi's new RJ - Aug 15, 2010
- Malishka gets Bajaaoed!! - Wah F(S)hahid - Jul 02, 2009
- Pune deaths: Opposition demands Maharashtra government's dismissal - Aug 10, 2011
- Hasan Ali case: Senior cop's sacking recommended - Mar 22, 2011
- Raj Thackeray comes out in support of cartoonist Trivedi - Sep 11, 2012
- Mumbai remembers, prays for 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2010
- Three years on, India remembers 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2011
- Mumbai scribe's killing challenges freedom of press: Soni - Jun 11, 2011
- Osama killing 'proves Mumbai attack roots in Pakistan' - May 02, 2011
- Two-wheeler ban likely at Ganesh immersion sites - Sep 08, 2011