Mumbai Indians, Delhi Daredevils share wins and losses equallyApril 9th, 2011 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) Mumbai Indians (MI) and Delhi Daredevils (DD), who lock horns in the Indian Premier League (IPL) match here Sunday, have met in the league series six times in the past and share the wins and losses equally.
Mumbai Indians have the best record in the IPL while defending a target. They have won 14 and lost 11 out of 25 such occasions (winning percentage 56).
Delhi Daredevils have the best record in IPL while chasing a target. They have won 15 and lost 9 out of 24 such occasions (winning percentage 63).
Delhi Daredevils also have the best bowling average in the IPL — 21.97 (runs per wicket).
Another interesting piece of statistics reveals that Mumbai Indians have conceded most wides in the IPL - 260 - while Delhi Daredevils have sent down most no-balls in the IPL - 41.
Mumbai Indians, led by Sachin Tendulkar, will have the batting firewpower.
Tendulkar holds the record of scoring most runs in a single IPL tournament. He aggregated 618 runs in the 2010 edition.
West Indian Kieron Pollard has the highest strike-rate among the batsmen with 10 or more innings in the IPL - 185.71 (runs per 100 balls).
Irfan Pathan, who will be playing for Delhi Daredevils, is the only bowler to have taken 15 or more wickets in each edition of the IPL.
- Rayudu, Pollard fashion sensational win for Mumbai Indians (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Delhi Daredevils beat Pune Warriors by three wickets - Apr 17, 2011
- Bi-partisan fans root for cricket in Eliminator (IPL Diary) - May 24, 2012
- Mumbai Indians trounce Royal Challengers by nine wickets (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Daredevils blown away by Gayle storm, hopes alive for Royal Challengers (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Tendulkar's fourth IPL 50 him past 600-run aggregate - Mar 18, 2010
- Sehwag stars in Daredevils' 37-run win over Mumbai Indians (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Tendulkar's knock against Knight Riders is his highest T20 score - Mar 23, 2010
- Tendulkar bags IPL's best batsman and captain's award - Apr 24, 2010
- Bowlers standing tall in IPL - May 03, 2012
- Mumbai Indians opt to field against Daredevils - Apr 27, 2012
- IPL: Mumbai Indians beat Delhi Daredevils by eight wickets - Apr 10, 2011
- Slinga Malinga shines as Mumbai Indians win by eight wickets (Lead) - Apr 10, 2011
- Only 12 players were retained by five IPL franchise - Apr 06, 2011
- Delhi Daredevils beat Mumbai Indians by seven wickets - Apr 17, 2012