Mumbai court upholds Sanjay-Manyata marriageMay 28th, 2008 - 7:03 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 28 (IANS) A Mumbai court Wednesday ruled that Sanjay Dutt’s marriage to Manyata was legal, prompting the Bollywood star to say that he was “extremely relieved”. Giving Sanjay a reprieve, the sessions court overruled a lower court’s order that the marriage had to be annulled because Manyata had not obtained a divorce from her previous husband.
Hearing a case filed by Manyata, the sessions court said the order passed by the Bandra metropolitan magistrate was not valid as she had been legally divorced from her first husband Mehraj-ul-Rehman.
Mehraj-ul-Rehman Feb 15 petitioned the Bandra metropolitan magistrate that he married Manyata in 2003 and their marriage is still valid as he ahd divorced her yet.
On appeal from Manyata, the sessions court upheld her contention that her marriage to Mehraj was dissolved as she had divorced him through `khula’.
After the judgement, Sanjay Dutt said: “I’m extremely relieved by the court verdict.”
The couple had a court wedding in Goa Feb 7. Four days later, they married in Mumbai according to Hindu rituals.
- Sanjay-Manyata marriage legal, rules court (Lead) - May 28, 2008
- Manyata still married to Mehraj: court - Mar 18, 2008
- Mumbai court reserves order on Dutt, Manyata application - May 21, 2008
- Sanjay Dutt sings for wife, walks the ramp - Aug 06, 2011
- Sanjay-Manyata marriage case hearing adjourned - Apr 01, 2008
- Sanjay, Manyata say they are not 'legally married' - Apr 08, 2008
- With kids around, no time for romance: Manyata Dutt - Feb 02, 2012
- Court tells Azhar to pay Rs.15 lakh cost - Mar 07, 2012
- Sanjay And Manyata Blessed With Twins - Oct 22, 2010
- Drugs to deaths, misfortunes shaped my acting: Sanjay Dutt (Interview) - Aug 12, 2011
- Court asks Sanjay Dutt, Manyata to prove they are married - Mar 11, 2008
- Court seeks police report on Sanjay-Manyata marriage - Feb 20, 2008
- I want to be like my father: Sanjay Dutt - Apr 26, 2012
- Dowry harassment law misused for extortion: Court - Oct 09, 2011
- John Abraham detained, out on bail in accident case (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2012