Mumbai college student kidnapped, killed by teenagerFebruary 17th, 2009 - 2:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 17 (IANS) A teenager who kidnapped and killed a college student for refusing to pay Rs.200,000 has been arrested, police here said Tuesday.
Amir Siddique Sheikh, 19, kidnapped Mukim Akbar Khan, 17, from his house in Nizamuddin Building of Mumbai’s western suburb of Old Khar Friday.
Sheikh beat up Khan, a Class 12 student of Rizvi College, and took him to a desolate place among the mangroves adjacent to Joggers Park after he refused to pay Rs.200,000.
Sheikh then smashed Khan’s head with a stone before dumping his body in a gutter, said an official at the Khar police station.
Khan’s father lodged a police complaint Friday evening after realising that his son was missing. Police arrested Sheikh late Monday.
“Sheikh confessed to his crime and even took the police to the spot where he disposed off the body, wrapped in a red cloth,” the police official said.
- Missing starlet's stepfather remanded to police custody (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Missing starlet's step father brought to Mumbai - Jul 09, 2012
- Three held for murdering 14-year-old boy - Jan 01, 2011
- Court extends Delhi drug kingpin's interim bail - Jun 13, 2011
- Kidnapped Andhra schoolboy found murdered - Apr 20, 2012
- Searches continue at missing Bollywood starlet's villa - Jul 11, 2012
- 23 booked for Mumbai violence (Second Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Body recovered after four months - Sep 24, 2010
- One more ISI agent held along Tripura border - Oct 30, 2010
- Kidnapper attempts suicide in court - Oct 13, 2010
- Factfile on J. Dey murder case - Jun 27, 2011
- Bollywood trains arc lights on Delhi - Aug 21, 2011
- Businessman held for kidnapping minor boy - Jul 07, 2011
- Assam toll is 12, curfew continues - Jul 22, 2012
- Student gang raped in moving car in Ghaziabad, 3 held - Jan 17, 2011