Mumbai car, bike fair attracts thousandsOctober 21st, 2011 - 2:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 21 (IANS) Creating quite a storm for car and bike lovers, a fair here has attracted not only onlookers but also buyers who have purchased around 1,100 vehicles. Organisers say they have orders for another 2,500 mean machines that will be delivered on Diwali day as it is considered auspicious.
The eighth edition of Mumbai’s popular motorcycle and car fair, the Fortpoint Mahotsav, has sold 1,000 motorcycles and 100 cars. The fair began in the first week of October and will be on till Nov 5.
Organised by Mumbai-based Fortpoint Automotive, the fair promises to deliver 2,500 cars and bikes to buyers on Diwali day Oct 26.
“We are hugely surprised and thrilled that over 10,000 people have visited us in the last two weeks and taken a great liking to our single window clearance system of on-the-spot financing, RTO certification and spot-exchange facilities,” said Sundeep Kumar Bafna, managing director of Fortpoint Automotive.
“The Diwali buyers are also thronging the mela and with more than 2,500 deliveries of cars and bikes set to take place on the day, we are hopeful of selling 4,000 bikes and 500 cars by the end of the fair - Nov 5,” he added.
Prospective car buyers will enjoy a spot selection of all variants of Maruti Suzuki, while two-wheeler lovers will have variants of Hero MotoCorp to choose from. The fair also accepts old vehicles in exchange of new.
The fair has attracted banks like HDFC and ICCI, whose representatives are present on the site for spot processing and clearance of loans. Officials from Maruti Suzuki and Hero MotoCorp are also available to interact with prospective customers.
Amol Bawkar, a customer looking to buy Hero’s Passion Pro mobike, said: “Fortpoint is reliable and trustworthy. I am planning to exchange my old Passion Plus for the new bike. Also, there is no waiting period when we buy from this fair and the loan process is easier.”
The fair is held at two spots - Mahim in south-central Mumbai and Vasai in Thane district, north-west of Mumbai.
- Hero MotoCorp launches new motorcycle Impulse - Oct 17, 2011
- Bike sales in August down first time in three years - Sep 10, 2012
- Hero Honda is now Hero MotoCorp Limited - Jul 29, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp expects sales to pick up in festive season - Sep 05, 2012
- Indian markets quiet ahead of credit policy - Jan 24, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp in technology alliance with Italian firm - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex in red; realty, capital goods scrips see selling - Mar 01, 2012
- Sensex continues to trade weak (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Sensex soars, Asian cues help - Feb 17, 2012
- Sensex ends 56 points down ahead of F&O; expiry (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Sensex slumps 117.57 points, Wipro tanks - Apr 25, 2012
- Sensex up 76.94 points (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Sensex down 31.93 points (Lead, correcting figures in Paras 1 and 2) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slump - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex rises 439.22 points; bank, metal stocks up - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,