Mumbai blasts victm’s kin appointed teacherSeptember 25th, 2011 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 25 (IANS) The wife of a city-based diamond trader who was killed in the July 13 triple blasts was Sunday appointed a teacher in a school here.
Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam, while on a condolence visit to the house of Sunil Kumar Jain, who was killed at the Opera House blast, promised his family all possible help.
Nirupam Sunday handed over the appointment letter to Jain’s widow Sarika, who has a masters degree in economics, at a function organised at the M.K. High School in Borivli, northwest Mumbai.
Nirupam has also approached another school, Rustomjee International, to provide free education to Jain’s children. The school has agreed to the request.
“There is no comprehensive policy to provide relief and rehabilitation to victims of such disasters other than payment of cash amount as interim relief,” Nirupam said.
“In absence of such comprehensive policy, it is only the personal initiatives taken by public representatives that can provide much needed relief to alleviate the sufferings of these families,” he added.
- Change anti-terror policy: Advani - Jul 17, 2011
- Indonesia condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi bombing: Mumbai police explore links with July 13 blasts - Sep 07, 2011
- Mobile network jammed after blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Free health insurance for 500,000 on MP's birthday - Feb 06, 2011
- NATO secretary general condemns Mumbai attacks - Jul 15, 2011
- Mumbai terror attack makes headlines in Pakistan - Jul 14, 2011
- PM, Sonia visit injured in Mumbai hospitals (Lead)(With Image) - Jul 15, 2011
- Maharashtra legislature pays homage to blast victims - Jul 25, 2011
- Builder, contractor booked for Mumbai lift crash - Jan 09, 2011
- A week after blasts, Mumbaikars feel helpless, resentful - Jul 20, 2011
- Rs.500,000 for those killed in blasts: Chavan - Jul 14, 2011
- Chidambaram in Mumbai, visits blast sites - Jul 14, 2011
- Mumbai triple blasts toll rises to 20 (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Sri Lanka condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: absence, appointment letter, borivli, congress, diamond, disasters, free education, interim relief, jain, masters degree in economics, mp, mumbai blasts, northwest, opera house, personal initiatives, public representatives, sanjay, sarika, sufferings