Mumbai blasts toll climbs to 23 (Lead)July 23rd, 2011 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 23 (IANS) The deaths in the July 13 Mumbai triple blasts climbed to 23 Saturday, with another injured person succumbing to his injuries here, a hospital official said.
According to T.P. Lahane, dean of Sir J.J. Hospital in south Mumbai, Ajay S. Verma, who was injured in the blast in Zaveri Bazar, breathed his last here around 5.45 p.m. Saturday.
The 30-year-old was rushed to the hospital with 39 percent burn injuries and several fractures.
He was critical since admission and died following multiple organ failure, Lahane said.
This was the second death Saturday, within eight hours of another victim, Sundar Singh, 30, succumbing to his wounds.
Seventeen people died on the spot in the three blasts at Zaveri Bazar, Opera House and Dadar Kabutarkhana July 13 evening.
Of the 131 people injured, six have succumbed to their injuries post-blast.
Some of the surviving injured are still under treatment at various public and private hospitals, while the rest have been discharged.
Among the earlier victims are Shripad Muzappura, 30, who succumbed at Harkisondas Hospital Friday and Ashok Bhata, 35, who died at Sir J.J. Hospital here Tuesday.
Last Saturday, Avinash Tanka, 24, breathed his last at Bombay Hospital, followed by Babulal Das, 45, who passed away in Saifee Hospital the following day.
- Mumbai blasts toll rises to 22 - Jul 23, 2011
- Another Mumbai blast injured dies, toll 21 - Jul 23, 2011
- Mumbai blasts toll rises to 20 - Jul 19, 2011
- Mumbai triple blasts toll rises to 20 (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Mumbai blast toll rises to 25 - Jul 28, 2011
- Mumbai blasts toll rises to 19 - Jul 16, 2011
- Mumbai blasts death toll rises to 18 - Jul 15, 2011
- Mumbai blasts toll rises to 26 - Jul 30, 2011
- Mumbai blast toll rises to 24 - Jul 25, 2011
- Toll in 13/7 Mumbai triple blasts climbs to 27 (Lead) - Sep 15, 2011
- Shock and disappointment, but no tears at Mumbai hospital - Jul 14, 2011
- Mumbaikars form human chain to protest blasts - Jul 16, 2011
- A powerful blast, and then pools of blood, recount eyewitnesses - Jul 14, 2011
- Private hospitals provide maximum relief to blast victims - Jul 14, 2011
- Advani in Mumbai, consoles survivors - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: admission, ajay, ashok, avinash, bombay hospital, dadar, dean, deaths, eight hours, fractures, last saturday, mumbai blasts, opera house, organ failure, private hospitals, second death, south mumbai, tanka, three blasts, wounds