Mumbai blast toll rises to 25July 28th, 2011 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 28 (IANS) The deaths in July 13 serial blasts in Mumbai rose to 25 Thursday as another injured died of his injuries at a hospital here, officials said.
According to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation’s Disaster Control Centre, Vallabhbhai Gadhiya, 48, died at Saifee Hospital.
Injured in the blast at Opera House in south Mumbai, Gadhiya had suffered a deep wound in his left leg. “Gadhiya suffered a deep wound on his left leg, which eventually became gangrene,” said S.J. Bapai, assistant director, Saifee Hospital.
“He had shown signs of stability, but the infection spread to most parts of his body, which made it impossible for us to save him,” he added.
Seventeen people died on the spot in the three blasts at Zaveri Bazar, Opera House and Dadar Kabutarkhana July 13 evening.
Of the 131 people injured, eight have succumbed to their injuries.
Some of the surviving injured are still under treatment at various public and private hospitals.
Mankeshwar Vishwakarma, 48, injured in the blast at Kabootarkhana in Dadar West had Monday succumbed to his injuries in the KEM Hopsital.
Two other injured - Ajay Verma, 30, and Sundar Singh, 30 - died Saturday.
- Mumbai blasts toll rises to 26 - Jul 30, 2011
- Mumbai blast toll rises to 24 - Jul 25, 2011
- Mumbai blasts toll climbs to 23 (Lead) - Jul 23, 2011
- Mumbai blasts toll rises to 22 - Jul 23, 2011
- Another Mumbai blast injured dies, toll 21 - Jul 23, 2011
- Mumbai blasts toll rises to 19 - Jul 16, 2011
- Mumbai blasts toll rises to 20 - Jul 19, 2011
- Mumbai blasts death toll rises to 18 - Jul 15, 2011
- Mumbai triple blasts toll rises to 20 (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- A powerful blast, and then pools of blood, recount eyewitnesses - Jul 14, 2011
- Private hospitals provide maximum relief to blast victims - Jul 14, 2011
- Shock and disappointment, but no tears at Mumbai hospital - Jul 14, 2011
- Mumbai serial blasts toll rises to 22 - Jul 14, 2011
- Terror revisits Mumbai, 21 killed in serial blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Mumbaikars form human chain to protest blasts - Jul 16, 2011
Tags: ajay verma, assistant director, brihanmumbai municipal corporation, dadar west, deaths, deep wound, disaster control, kem, left leg, opera house, private hospitals, serial blasts, signs, south mumbai, sundar singh, three blasts, vishwakarma