Mukherjee to visit US to attend IMF-World Bank meetingApril 16th, 2012 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee will be on a four-day official visit to the United States beginning Thursday to attend the annual spring meeting of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
During the visit, Mukherjee is also scheduled to hold bilateral talks with his counterparts from the United States, Britain, Iran and South Korea.
Mukherjee would hold bilateral talks with US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner in Washington Thursday and attend a meeting of finance ministers and central bank governors of the group of five emerging economies — Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS).
“Issues relating to setting-up of working-cum-experts group for BRICS Bank, Transfer Pricing and Tax Avoidance etc. are likely to be discussed in the BRICS meeting,” a finance ministry statement said here ahead of the visit.
Besides senior finance ministry officials, Mukherjee will be accompanied by Reserve Bank of India Governor D. Subbarao.
Mukherjee will attend plenary meetings of the IMF and World Bank on April 21. The annual spring meeting of the IMF and World Bank is scheduled to be held April 20-22.
The finance minister will return April 22.
- Geithner to visit India June 27-28 for economic talks - Jun 12, 2012
- Mukherjee to attend ADB meet in Manila - May 02, 2012
- Mukherjee to attend G20 finance ministers' meet - Feb 16, 2011
- US business groups to protest tax law changes in India - Apr 19, 2012
- India seeks quick ratification of quota reforms - Apr 22, 2012
- Pranab Mukherjee to attend G-20 finance ministers' meet in Paris - Feb 17, 2011
- India reaffirms its stand on tax law changes (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- RBI governor meets Mukherjee ahead of policy review - Apr 03, 2012
- Booked for BRICS: busy Thursday for Manmohan - Mar 28, 2012
- Hu in India Wednesday: trade imbalance, cultural ties on agenda - Mar 27, 2012
- India to press for sharing past banking info at G20 meet - Oct 13, 2011
- Will continue to support Europe in crisis: China - Mar 21, 2012
- India proposes working group for BRICS development bank - Apr 20, 2012
- Mukherjee to attend ADB's annual meet in Hanoi - May 02, 2011
- Highlights of 4th BRICS Summit - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: bank of india, bilateral talks, brics, central bank governors, emerging economies, finance minister, finance ministers, finance ministry officials, imf world, india china, international monetary fund, ministry statement, plenary meetings, pranab mukherjee, reserve bank of india, spring meeting, subbarao, tax avoidance, timothy geithner, treasury secretary