Mukesh in lead at Solaris Chemtech Open golfFebruary 12th, 2009 - 9:35 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Feb 12 (IANS) Mukesh Kumar (68, 70, 67) leads the field by two strokes after round three of the Solaris Chemtech Open Golf Championship here Thursday.
Mukesh shot five under 67 in the third round to move his total to 11 under 205. Gaurav Pratap Singh is placed second at nine under 207. Rahil Gangjee’s bogey-free 65, the best round of the day, placed him tied third at eight under 208 along with Arjun Singh.
Mukesh Kumar, the 2007-08 PGTI Order of Merit winner, will be in the hunt for his fifth title on the PGTI when he tees it up Friday. If Mukesh wins, he would equal Ashok Kumar’s record of maximum wins on the PGTI. Mukesh birdied the third, fifth, sixth, ninth, 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th and made bogeys on the seventh, eighth and 10th.
“I excelled with the putter today even though my hitting was average. My best birdie was on the sixth where I sank a tough 20 feet putt from left to right. I haven’t played in the leader group for quite some time now and am now looking forward to getting back into the winning habit,” Mukesh commented.
“I will play according to my plan for the first nine holes and then take stock of the situation before deciding strategy for the final nine holes,” he added.
Gaurav Pratap Singh (72, 65, 70) is placed second at the moment, two strokes off the lead. Gaurav made an incredible eagle on the 14th besides making birdies on the second and 18th and bogeys on the fourth and fifth.
Rahil Gangjee (71, 72, 65) shot into contention after returning an amazing seven under 65 on Thursday. He is in tied third place at eight under 208. His round on Thursday was punctuated by seven birdies. Arjun Singh (67, 70, 71) is also tied third along with Gangjee.
- Jyoti Randhawa leads DLF Masters - Sep 17, 2010
- Mukesh clinches PGTI title in play-off - Jun 25, 2010
- Rohana snatches lead at PGTI Players Championship - Mar 06, 2010
- PGTI Players Championship: Lahiri leads by two strokes - Jul 01, 2010
- Ranjit keeps lead, Gaurav Pratap second - Mar 05, 2010
- Smriti takes big lead at Women's Pro Golf Tour event - Mar 29, 2012
- Gangjee takes one-shot lead in Kensville Challenge - Jan 28, 2012
- Gangjee, Kapur share lead at Kensville Challenge Golf - Jan 27, 2012
- Ashok stays one shot ahead of the pack - Dec 17, 2009
- Digvijay Singh wins Panasonic Open India - Apr 01, 2012
- Jaini ahead by two strokes in PGTI Players Championship - Jun 22, 2010
- Rohana snatches dramatic win in PGTI golf - Aug 10, 2012
- Lahiri finishes tied eighth, Que wins title at Selangor Masters - Aug 07, 2010
- Lahiri fires 69 to take lead - Aug 09, 2012
- Bhullar bags eighth PGTI title - May 07, 2010