Muggy Wednesday, no rain likely till Friday (Lead)July 18th, 2012 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) It was a muggy Wednesday in Delhi, as the maximum temperature was recorded six notches above average at 40.3 degrees Celsius. The Met office has forecast rain Friday evening.
“There is no likelihood of rains tomorrow (Thursday), the skies will be partly cloudy and the sultry weather conditions would continue. We can expect thundery developments and light rain by Friday evening,” said an official of the India Meteorological Department.
Till now the capital has recorded a total rainfall of only 88.6 mm, which is 49 percent less than normal.
The minimum temperature Wednesday settled three notches above average at 29.2 degrees Celsius. The humidity oscillated between a high and low of 74 and 36 percent.
“The maximum and minimum temperatures will hover around 41 and 30 degrees Celsius, respectively,” added the official.
The maximum and minimum temperatures Tuesday were 38.4 and 29.5 degrees Celsius, respectively.
- Sultry Tuesday, no rain likely till July 19 (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Hot and cloudy Thursday in Delhi, some rains likely Friday (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Muggy Tuesday in Delhi, rains expected - Jul 17, 2012
- Breezy morning gives Delhiites some respite - Jul 04, 2012
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Steamy Monday in Delhi as rains stay away again (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Sunny Saturday in Delhi, cloudy Sunday expected (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Light rains forecast for Delhi Tuesday - Jun 05, 2012
- Warm day in Delhi, showers expected Thursday (Lead) - Dec 07, 2011
- Muggy Tuesday in Delhi, rain expected Wednesday (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Some Delhi areas see rain (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Clear day in Delhi, rain expected Monday (Lead) - Nov 14, 2010
- Cloudy end to a sunny Friday in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Drizzle in parts of Delhi, muggy Tuesday likely (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: friday evening, humidity, india meteorological department, light rain, likelihood, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, rainfall, sultry weather, three notches, weather conditions